Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2006, 05:43 AM   #1

Pet owners should be aware of a definately non pet friendly RV park, Monument RV Park in Fruita, CO, outside Grand Junction. If any fecal mater hits the ground outside the designated area, it is a $25.00 fine. But the worse part is they will pay $10.00 of the recovered fine to anyone who reports you!
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2006, 06:46 AM   #2

Do you mean whether it is cleaned up or not?

I have heard of this if it was not picked up by the owner but never when it was. Also in some parks that have seasonals, they will be very, very negative about the any dog that poops on there lot and really very vocal if the uncaring, rude pet owner does not clean it up and rightly so.

Ron

GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:17 AM   #3

Bill, I know of a park in Mesa, AZ that warns against flipping of cig. butts and/or failure to pick up after your pet. If you fail to comply and are reported by another guest you will be asked to leave the park with no refund and the reporter gets a free night camping and all sites are FHU.

Fair? Maybe/maybe not; but, it is that owners park and his rules and you are so warned. Frankly, we enjoy staying there as we know from the get-go the park will be immaculate and we will not have to contend with those who choose to be irresponsible.

You choose to call it pet unfriendly. I choose to call it having people held accountable for their actions; which, frankly in today's society is grossly lacking. Ken,'04 DSDP

After all the pet is not to blame it is the pet owner
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #4

This subject has been talked about many times bottom line IF YOU OWN A DOG PICK UP AFTER IT!!! I have always camped with a dog and ALWAYS PICK UP AFTER THEM!!! If everyone did this there would be no need for all these rules and fines.

www.gsowners.com/
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:47 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Do you really mean it exactly as you posted? If that is the case...don't stay there. If is simply a matter of carrying a poop bag and picking little Fifi's presents...by all means, that is expected.

We are living in our RV until the house is completed. I NEVER go ut the door with either dog unless I have a poop bag in my pocket. Poop is always piked up. We have a few lazy slobs that don't feel they need to pick up after their dog. I have reported a few and they are informed by the managers to pick it up or plan to leave very soon.

I'd rather stay at a campground with a good set of rules that are inforced.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:26 PM   #6

I too, clean up after my pet. Always have, always will. It's not just park policy, it's common sense. And I realize some pet owners don't. I don't like the mess either.
My position is this park came on a little heavy handed. I don't like being threatened. I believe it should be assumed that I probably "will" follow the rules, not that I probably won't.
I am used to being told by a park that my pet is welcome, but please clean up after him. And most of the parks I visit are pretty clean. I take this to mean that most pets are being picked up after.
Rving is supposed to be a pleasent experience.
I feel that the policy of this park to assume pet owners will fail to follow the rules is unwarrented. I won't be going back.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:40 PM   #7

Odd this post showed up. I was thinking about posting about this park.
We were just there and a lady followed us around in her golf cart to watch us, even tho we had the white mut mit in our hand. One time I took my dog to the grassy area to play ball (on the leash and not a sign telling me not to). In a flash a lady came up saying. THE FIRST RULE OF THE PARK IS NO DOGS ON THE GRASS!!! Guess I gave her a pretty dirty look cause my husband said she showed up in the morning with a dog treat when he had our dog out.

I don't know about most of the other folks, but we would not own an RV if we did not love our pets and want to take them with us.

I just don't know why they don't say NO pets! and make everyone happy. We won't go, and the RVrs that are offended by dogs will be happy too.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:13 AM   #8

Thanks for the vindication. On the up side, right across the street from this park is a lovely State Park, lots of space, and hookups, though don't know about the power. We walked around and regretted that we were across the street. Think it was Colorado River State Park. Appeared to be pet friendly. enjoy.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:44 AM   #9

We have always RVed with our pets and always will. Any park that is pet un-friendly will not get our hard earned $$$. Also, parks with negative attitudes towards their patrons and those with "spies" will not get our $$$.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:38 PM   #10

We started RVing just because we have pets and travel with them. We would never want to stay at any CG that would not welcome us and our pets. I don't consider an assumption that we would be inconsiderate pet owners with a bounty or tailing ranger to be pet friendly. Just post no pets please, that I can respect and support. Just don't try and squeeze every chance to fill spaces with pet owners that you really don't want. There are CG's that don't want my class C rig, at least they are up front about it.

Dynamax 2006 Grand Sport 38'
Berners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:47 AM   #11

I'm a dog owner (several) and also a workamper in a campground this summer. This is what I've found over the course of the summer. The pet owners are very careful about picking up "when people are looking". But when they feel unwatched, never pick up after their "darlings". We spend a lot of time picking up around here and the non pet owners are very unhappy about the "presents" they find. Surprisingly, we have found the smaller the dog the less likely to be picked up after. When caught, the answer is usually "it's so small it doesn't matter".
Texas Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:29 PM   #12

I don't have a dog anymore, nor would I like to take one in the RV with me. That said, I have watched dog owners in RV parks for many years. Most of them are thoughtful and follow CG rules. The ones that really bother me are the throughtless ones that use the grassy area just outside the RV door for the dog to pee. This sprang to the forefront at a county owned CG in Iowa. The next day they left, and than evening another RV parked. The mother sat her 2yr old on the grass to play, right where the dog peed about 4 hrs earlier. And people are offended by strict rules?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:25 PM   #13

This park goes to the top of my list to patronize. I am sorry, folks, this should only insult those who violate the rule. If a person religiously pickups after their pets, why would this rule insult anyone? It is so unfair to those who are responsible to the point they pick up after their pet and from the pets of those who think the rules do not apply to them. The lazy, irresponsible pet owners actually create more problems for those pet owners who do care for their neighbors and assume the responsibilities of pet ownership, because they DO worry what non-pet owners think. I get up extremely early and have my coffee outside each morning and see people come out in their PJs, constantly looking over their shoulder and around the campground to see if anyone is up while ˜lil fifi' deposits a five-pound bomb. Then they hurry back into their camper. In Myrtle Beach, I witnessed a man literally lead his dog across the road so his dog could whiz on the jack of a trailer camper. In Salt Lake City, I was sitting at my desk working on the computer and saw my neighbor, through the side window of my slide, pull his dog back from the road to dump on my coiled electric and water lines, right under my slide! Needless to say he pulled out 5 minutes later. I have many more stories I could tell but I think the point is made. I have been passive on this issue even though it galls the heck out of me and I think the time of my suffering in silence is over. We all know who the responsible pet owners are and need to support them but to the lazys and inconsiderates, I will collect the rewards offered by a campground for forcing them to follow the rules. Food for thought: Why do you think campgrounds have had to institute such harsh rules for pet owners? Think about it.
we_rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:06 PM   #14

If I am lazy enough not to pickup after my dog,I deserve a fine.I wouldnt rat you out but would say something to you.I see it once in awhile and it irks the heck outa me.If your too feeble to bend over,sell your dog.Until someone walks in your rv with craap on thier shoes,youll know why .

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote