Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
North Myrtle Beach RV Parks ??

We will be in MB in late April along with some family who will be staying at a resort in North MB. We usually stay at Ocean Lakes but will consider Myrtle Beach Travel Park. Generally, reviews I've read are not terribly complimentary of MBTP. For us, Ocean Lakes is a tough act to follow.

Any recommendations from folks here on IRV2?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Gary, Ocean Lakes gets a BIG thumbs up from us and at that time they are still off season so the rates are a little less.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have been to Ocean lakes , Lakewood, and Pirateland.

Lakewood is my fav.....
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
We enjoy going to Willow Tree just outside of North Myrtle on hwy 9.

willowtreerv.com
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
How does rates at Lakewood compare to Ocean Lakes?
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:14 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaball View Post
How does rates at Lakewood compare to Ocean Lakes?

In the cool season Lakewood is cheaper, in the hot season they are comparible. Both very nice resorts.

You can take a short walk down the beach from one to the other to check them out as they are almost neighbours, separated by a hotel resort.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Thumbs up Camping in N Myrtle Beach

We use Briarcliff RV Resort in North Myrtle Beach and really like it. It is also a Passport America Park but it isn't on the beach however it is close to where the shows are and also some great shopping.
The main problem is that they do charge full price on the weekends starting on Fri night. The last time we were there we stayed from Sunday to Thurs and then went to Ocean Waves.
The State campground in S Myrtle Beach seems to be nice too but that is away from everything.
We enjoy Myrtle Beach in off season as it is less crowded.
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Over the last 25 years we have stayed at all the MB parks. We try to go every 3-4 years for a week or 10 days. The last 3 have been at Myrtle Beach Travel Park. MBTP in my opinion is a lot less crowded, more layed back. I like its location which is closer to the Boardway On The Beach area and Restaurant Row. The other parks just had too many golf carts traveling around. At MBTP we like the sites near the pool area that are in the pine forest. It's much cooler there with a nice ocean breeze. As far as price... they are all too much $$$$ That is the main reason we don't visit as often. We like to go about the 2nd week in Aug. which during the week there are not that many campers there. I have asked if there were any discount programs available, but have not found any. I'm even willing to stay 2 weeks, but no weekly rate is available. Any ideas?? We are looking to go in next year.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
We will be in MB in late April along with some family who will be staying at a resort in North MB. We usually stay at Ocean Lakes but will consider Myrtle Beach Travel Park. Generally, reviews I've read are not terribly complimentary of MBTP. For us, Ocean Lakes is a tough act to follow.

Gary
Clay and I are going to be at Myrtle Beach Travel Park April 25- May 3rd. This is our very favorite place to go in Myrtle. We go there several times a year off season of course. If you have bikes, please be sure to take them. Of course, you can always peruse our blog.
We personally do not like OL or Pirateland. MBTP is our favorite.
http://www.rampknot.net/blog/?p=118

Let me know if you have any questions!
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Stay away from Apache Family CG. We started staying at the South end years ago. 2 years ago we decided to revisit Apache. If you like to fish and be right on top of your neighbor, this is the place for you. The roads are very narrow. Do not ask for a pull through site. They are the most out of level (how could a site be out of level, at the beach!), narrow and difficult to maneuver of any site I have even been in. My rear wheels were off the ground!
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #11

We have stayed at pirateland , lakewood but ocean lakes is our favorite ocean lakes is the only one you can bring your own custom golf cart
Old 07-11-2009, 12:33 AM   #12

cost of cg in myrtle beach

how much per night for mbtp? ocean lakes. lakewood in july, aug. or sept.???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Over the last 25 years we have stayed at all the MB parks. We try to go every 3-4 years for a week or 10 days. The last 3 have been at Myrtle Beach Travel Park. MBTP in my opinion is a lot less crowded, more layed back. I like its location which is closer to the Boardway On The Beach area and Restaurant Row. The other parks just had too many golf carts traveling around. At MBTP we like the sites near the pool area that are in the pine forest. It's much cooler there with a nice ocean breeze. As far as price... they are all too much $$$$ That is the main reason we don't visit as often. We like to go about the 2nd week in Aug. which during the week there are not that many campers there. I have asked if there were any discount programs available, but have not found any. I'm even willing to stay 2 weeks, but no weekly rate is available. Any ideas?? We are looking to go in next year.
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:48 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Thumbs up Myrtle Beach

We have been going to Myrtle Beach for the last 9 years and staying at Myrtle Beach Travel Park and love it. The best spots are down near the beach which we reserve a year in advance.

This year we are going down in August for two weeks instead of April for a change, I'm sure it's going to be hot. 28 days till our MB trip, but who's counting !!!!

MB has so much to do, my kids have a great time every year.

The staff at MBTP are the best, the only thing I wish you could arrange for the spot of your choice before you arrive, oh well...Still good.
CaptKurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I agree Apache is not up to snuff. We'll stay at Myrtle Beach Travel Park and walk or ride our bikes down to the Apache pier. Anyone know of any discounts for MBTP? We like to go down the 2nd or 3rd week in Aug. I notice during the week there are not many people there. I think the SC. kids start school in early Aug. Is that true? I have asked if there is any discount if I stayed 2 weeks, they said no. Are there any? $62 a night is a good chunk to pay......Besides were either at the beach or eating out most of the time.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote