Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #15

As for Y’stone/Grand Teton NPs I have lived within 100 mi from each of them for the last 45 years, can’t guess how many times we have been there (most recently just last week 6/15) and we still haven’t seen all there is to see!
Remember, the figure 8 loop road inside Y’stone NP is about 170 mi around and a 45mph speed limit, plan on a minimum of one day for the upper loop and a 2nd day for the lower loop, then a 3rd day minimum for the Tetons/Jackson, WY. Most of each day will be spent driving to each of the attractions. Remember that is just a minimum time to see some of the highlights!
When in Jackson, WY be sure to see- http://www.barjchuckwagon.com/
We normally see them 3-4 times every summer. In fact we saw them just last week and will be seeing them again next Wed. with friends
Disclaimer- I have NO financial or other interest in the Bar J, simply put they are the best entertainment value that you will get for $22.
May you have fair winds and following seas!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #16

TW,
Think we will be on 395 on our way back up to I-90. Probably will have to head back east then.
Sure looks like a lot to do and see in the northeast
Old 06-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #17

richardcoxid,
Thanks for the advise. I hope we have a good trip and see a lot, with no problems.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:31 PM   #18

You will not be sorry if you see Yellowstone , Glacier, and the Tetons in 1 trip. We have been 3-4 times and love every trip. So much beautiful , clear water and wildlife. The Beartooth hiway takes at least one day. Eat pizza at the bar if it is still open (redLodge)
Krashqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwmcx95 View Post
Maybe next time we can go further and see Washington and Oregon.
So, did you give up on Spokane?

I grew up in Oregon (Salem) and currently live in Spokane, so can be of some help with both states. If you are coming to Spokane, I suggest Spokane RV Resort just a few miles North of Spokane. The RV park is on the golf course, and we go there for long weekends to play golf. In fact we will be there for 5 days over the 4th of July.

Let me know if I can be of help.

Ron
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
A good (excellent) place to stay while visiting Yellowstone is Grizzly RV park in West Yellowstone. It is just outside the park, and very convenient for touring. Reservations are a must during most of the season.
Dick1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Mt Rushmore & the Crazy Horse monument are a must to see. Cody Wy & the Buffalo Bill Museum is at least a day. There is an RV park just down the road from the museum which we stayed at last Oct. (cant remember the name). That whole area has such great scenery you may not have enough time to make it to the Wash/Oregon coast. HAVE A GREAT TRIP AND REMEMBER TAKE TIME TO SMELL THE ROSES.

CHEERS
Old 06-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
I'm with Bob, the things to do on I-90 far outway the trip on 2.
To bad you won't get to see our state, Washington west is great, if it wasn't for the coast we would have left long ago.
Why would you EVER think of leaving WA!!
You haven't seen ALL the campgrounds yet!! (And neither have we and I was born here 64 years ago)

See ya on the 4th of July weekend.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #23

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick1142 View Post
A good (excellent) place to stay while visiting Yellowstone is Grizzly RV park in West Yellowstone. It is just outside the park, and very convenient for touring. Reservations are a must during most of the season.
Stay away from the West Yellowstone KOA unless it's changed drastically. Went there with a group some time ago. They charged one friend extra for his kids due to the extra amenities they use, then chased them out of the swimming pool as kids weren't allowed. Also chased them out of the game room for the same reason. Built a fire, but the mosquitoes were so bad we went inside to escape them, they were even going up your pants legs. Prices were high and this was in '97, for two we paid almost $55. Friends paid $63. Left as soon as we could.
We were there very early in the year and the views of the wildlife and babies was fantastic though. We stayed at Fishing Bridge and had a great time sightseeing. Our rig was much smaller than we have now though. Our 41'er we now have would be hard pressed to fit unless they've upgraded the campground.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:59 AM   #24

National RV Owners Club
In South Dakota East of the Mt Rushmore area are two interesting stops. One is the Corn Palace and the other is Wall Drug. Worth a couple of hours each if you have the time.
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
So, did you give up on Spokane?

I grew up in Oregon (Salem) and currently live in Spokane, so can be of some help with both states. If you are coming to Spokane, I suggest Spokane RV Resort just a few miles North of Spokane. The RV park is on the golf course, and we go there for long weekends to play golf. In fact we will be there for 5 days over the 4th of July.

Let me know if I can be of help.

Ron
I don't think we will have enough time on this trip. Trying to keep it at 2 weeks. Lot to see in short time.
Paul