Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thumbs up Oasis RV Resort, Amarillo, TX

A big thanks to ElkhartJim for referring me to the Oasis RV Resort in Amarillo, TX.

First, when I called and made reservations, the nice person on the phone said to make sure that when I arrive to tell whoever is on the desk that I am a VIP. Being a VIP get's you 20% off just about everything. One example is the breakfast. Instead of $7+ it's $5+ .

Did I say "breakfast!" It's more like a feast. Order anything they have, and as much as you can possibly eat, for that one price. I'm sure glad I didn't overindulge and only had one omelet, two pieces of bacon and two pieces of toast, along with about 12 oz. of OJ. They also have BBQ nightly. With fair pricing.

Did I say fair pricing? How's this. Spend two nights and get the third night free. VIP Pricing, $20 a night with FHU. And, laundry is 50 cents and drying time is 50 cents for 1 hour.

Now, if you are the type that likes to shower with your neighbors, shave with them, and other necessary items, than this is NOT the place for you. The rest rooms are completely private with triple locks on the door. One high, one middle and one low (deadbolts). Private toilet, private vanity, and a private shower. The only improvement that I would make would be to put a raised, slatted, wooden platform, about 2 inches high where the dressing seat is located. It would be nice to get off the wet floor from the shower. There's always the hot tub or pool area.

I did mention FHU, but forgot to say that you can wash your RV's, or you can pay $50 and have someone here do it for you.

Do you need repairs. RV Repair shop is on-site, and they will come to your rig.

They are basing their business on volume, and for what you get, the volume looks to be good. We have been here for 4 nights and it gets a lot of RV's coming in late in the afternoon, but there are plenty of sites still vacant.

I cannot continue to list the features of Oasis RV Resort so click on the link and check it out for yourself.

I sure can recommend it. Oh! It is 25 miles to Palo Duro Canyon entrance, and don't miss the nightly musical drama, "Texas."
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I sure can recommend it. Oh! It is 25 miles to Palo Duro Canyon entrance, and don't miss the nightly musical drama, "Texas."
Wayne, Thank you for the review! I appreciate it. perhaps you can also include a new or same review in the iRV2 Campground Reviews as well !!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Nice report, Wayne...will put this one on our potential stays enroute to or from AZ
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:32 AM   #4

We stayed there last November... great park with a great pricing plan... our only regret is the kitchen facilities were being renovated so we did not get a chance to enjoy their meals.

Eh!
geeksrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You're welcome...
Old 07-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Actually guess I need to speak up more. I'm member # 510 with Oasis, great place, everything Wayne has said, they are also sister parks with Burleson RV Ranch (Fort Worth) and Buckhorn (Kerrville).

Wayne, we were there for six days (13th-18th) while you were there, left our name at the desk with Ann in case anyone inquired about our IRV2/Texas Boomer stickers on rig. but no nibbles, we were parked just off of the corner of the office in the first row.

One note about the triple locks on the restroom doors, they also qualify as storm shelters in case of tornado's, that's why.

Just a really nice place to stay, only draw back is the lack of picnic tables, but lots of other amenities.

Just think, Elkhart Jim went from Oasis living to Walmart parking----------Go Figure

Best,

Bob
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #7

Can anyone go?

Can anyone go or only RV's up to 10 yrs old? It didn't say on the web site any restrictions. I would love to go get my RV worked on at a place like this so I didn't have to worry about trying to find a good local place at home.

Michelle
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:35 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
From my experience Michelle, they are upscale not snooty.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #9
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I saw some pretty old"er" RV's along one of the areas, so I don't think they invoke the 10 year rule. Saw an older Bluebird pull in, but I'm not sure just how old it was, as they all look pretty good.

Well golly Bob. I really wish I had paid more attention. I probably noticed the Winnebago, but not the sticker. Darn! I should have put out the Flamingo. Sorry we missed you.

I think the lack of picnic table is because of the high winds, but they could anchor them down on that nice patio.

We had invited Jim and Judy to join us, but after his slumming experience, we're sort of glad he went the opposite way. Can you just imagine staying at Walmart and eating at their inside gourmet restaurant (McADonaldOs?)
Old 08-18-2010, 05:58 AM   #10

Oasis in Amarillo

Everyone's comments are right on target. This is a GREAT place to stay. Wish we'd had more time there! Highly recommend the Oasis!
flamingowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We have stayed there 3 times and agree with the other posts. VERY nice park and very easy access to I40. We make it a point to stay there on NW trips out of the Dallas area.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:17 PM   #12
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey everyone. They are trying to do business on volume and not price. So if you are traveling through or staying in that area, the price is right.

Let's support them.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #13

We actually sat and talked with the owners about their park at length. Spent nearly an entire day with their family. They really make the money on services, not even the spots at all. RV repairs, vehicle repairs, food. That's the money makers.

That said, they worked on my truck for two separate issues. Prices for repairs were cheaper than most other shops I've been to, the mechanics were good to talk to, and the work has been solid for 20k miles since then.

He actually had patio tables on order, but it's so windy that most people won't even go outside to use them. We were in town for 3 weeks and didn't miss it at all. Too windy to even go outside for a cigar!
TravelingJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #14

I can't add anything, just agree with everyone, this is a great RV Park! I plan our trips with Oasis In mind, when we are traveling that interstate. Picnic table? We carry our own folding cafe-style table and chairs for two. Last time we stopped there, RV's were lined up 6 deep onto the road. The owner came by in his vehicle. Told us to just go park anywhere vacant. He would find us later or we could come to the office at our convenience.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote