Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2013, 05:33 AM   #1

October Vacation

We are planning a vacation and trying to find a desirable route and park. We will leave Tallahassee October 18th heading to Chattanooga, TN in the motorhome towing a Vue.
I would like to find a nice rv park about half way on the route We take.
We plan to stay 2+ weeks and visit in and out of Lookout Mountain and any thing more that we may find of interest. We always go to the Smokies. This year we plan to venture to the left.
I would like to hear your suggestions.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #2

Carolina Campers
Tallahassee to Chattanooga should only take about 6.5 hrs.

If you want to stop about half way, that would be about Macon.

I found this park;

Arrowhead - Lake Tobesofke Recreation Area Campground, Macon, Georgia 31205 - Columbus Road near U.S. 80., GPS: 32.81893, -83.80281

All Year, 58 sites, Tents, 389 ft elev, electric only sites, tables, grill, water, toilets, dump, laundry, playground
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #3

Carolina Campers
Here is another one;

Claystone Park - Lake Tobesofke Recreation Area Campground, Macon, Georgia 31205 - Moseley Dixon Road near I-475, GPS: 32.83085, -83.77711

37 sites, Tents, 425 ft elev, electric only sites, water, toilets, dump, playground
Old 09-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #4

I live less than 15 miles from the Bibb County parks that tedgard01 mentioned above. The Clovis Point park is right on the lake and has very level concrete pull thrus with full hookups on many of the site. Highly recommend and we camped there numerous times.
Claystone Park
Old 09-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #5

Gee Thanks guys. On the internet those look like nice parks and would work well mid-way.
I'm tumbling an idea around about scooting up the east side of Georgia and stopping at Warm Springs, Georgia for a day or two. The ride won't be as smooth. But, I usually take US 319 north to Moultrie, Georgia. Then drive State Highway 33 to Cordele, Georgia before taking Interstate 75 when we go to the Smoky Mountains.
I like the back roads when we aren't rushed for time.
Thanks a lot for the suggestions and I am still open to more.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
We will be headed home on the 18th to St Petersburg from Gatlinburg.

Our plan is to leave St Pete after work on Friday and drive up 75 until we are tired, hoping for Valdosta or Tiftin. We are just planning on parking overnight at a Flying J since it should not be too hot in mid October.
patsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #7

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Walker View Post
... I'm tumbling an idea around about scooting up the east side of Georgia and stopping at Warm Springs, Georgia for a day or two....

...I usually take US 319 north to Moultrie, Georgia. Then drive State Highway 33 to Cordele, Georgia before taking Interstate 75 when we go to the Smoky Mountains....
I am not sure I understand the comment about going up the east side to get to Warm Springs...

Are you talking about Warm Springs, GA, on 85 by F D Roosevelt SP? I would say that is west of the route you outlined. If we are talking about the same place, here are some places close to Warm Springs. I think the Pine Mountain locations may be better than the one in Warm Springs (Ramsey RV Park appears to be a combo of RV and Mobile Home residents);

FD Roosevelt State Park Campground, Pine Mountain, Georgia 31822 - 2970 Highway 190, GPS: 32.83801, -84.80194

All Year, 140 sites, Tents sites: 140, 40 ft max RV length, 974 ft elev, Accepts Big Rigs, 30 pull thrus, electric, 140 elec-water hookups, 20/30/50 amp, tables, grill, water, toilets, dump, laundry, firewood, pet friendly, pool, playground, store, fish, hike

Pine Mountain an RVC Outdoor Destination, Pine Mountain, Georgia 31822 - 8804 Hamilton Rd, From Jct of US-27 & SR-18 (in town), N 1 mi on US-27, GPS: 32.87431, -84.86990

All Year, 200 sites, Tents Only sites: 16, 902 ft elev, Accepts Big Rigs, 161 pull thrus, 188 full hookups, electric, 12 elec-water hookups, 30/50 amp, tables, grill, water, toilets, showers, dump, Clubs: GSC, RV Storage, propane, laundry, firewood, internet, pet friendly, pool, playground, Tents for Troops

Ramsey RV Park, Warm Springs, Georgia 31830 - 5153 White House Pkwy, From Alt US 27/Hwy 41 & Alt Hwy 85, go 1.25 mi N on Alt Hay 85. (White House Pkwy), GPS: 32.90831, -84.67735

All Year, 27 sites, Tents, 863 ft elev, Accepts Big Rigs, 17 pull thrus, 27 full hookups, electric, 30/50 amp, tables, water, Clubs: AOR, laundry, pet friendly, pool
Old 09-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #8

Well, I was thinking about going through Quincy, FL, Bainbridge, GA, Columbus, Ga and taking I-85 for a short distance like maybe 45 miles to wind up in Warm Springs on US 27 (I think). The route I outlined was the route we take when headed to the Smoky Mountains.
Thanks for the suggestions. I sure like the feed back. It learns (teaches) me more.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #9

tedgard01 and all others, I am so sorry. I made a big mistake saying I plan to go up the east side of GA. I guess I was thinking about the east coast.
It finally got through my thick skull. The whole time I was thinking the left side of GA which certainly is WEST.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Tags
cat