Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2016, 05:27 PM   #1

Oregon Trip

The only one of the 50 we have not visited. Plan to spend the month of July in a 43' Mountain Air. We love to road bike and hike. Any suggestions. Prefer full hookups and several days at each location. With a tow so travel once parked not a problem.
grovenewmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2016, 05:30 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You have to hit Bend and Sisters! Sisters Garden RV park is beautiful. Lots of places to drive and see from there (leaving the coach behind).

We will be there in a few weeks.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Of course you need to do the Oregon coast line (Hwy 101) from North to South. Several nice rv parks along that route including the only 5-star resort on the coast (Pacific Shores Motorcoach Resort) in Newport. Lots and lots to see and do in Newport.

Once down in Brookings, cut over to Klamath Falls (several routes available) and then back up Hwy 97 to Bend/Sisters area and then on north back up to the Columbia Gorge.

Have fun..

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:54 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post

Once down in Brookings, cut over to Klamath Falls (several routes available) and then back up Hwy 97 to Bend/Sisters area and then on north back up to the Columbia Gorge.

Have fun..

Ron
And in Brookings there is a very nice State Park, Alfred Loeb I believe. Nestled in the Myrtlewood trees. Very aromatic.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:08 PM   #5

What do you want? Cool coast, hot high desert, mild mountains? We have it all, just need to tell us what you want to see.
Start with any and all of our state parks. For central Oregon, start at LaPine, or Collier state parks. Both are great parks. LaPine just got the middle loop repaved. Full hookup 50A sites. Coast, start at Ft Stevens and work your way south moving about 50 miles each time.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:15 PM   #6

If your planning on staying at OR state parks, double check the length of spots, our 40' just barely fit in some parks, when I say close, the sides at one park was touching the bushes. Have heard great things about Pacific Shores and planning on going there this summer.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:55 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Sea perch.
Sites right over the ocean.
Schedule you trip around what's available there!
Old 03-31-2016, 07:37 AM   #8

I came from New Jersey to the Columbia Gorge to Portland for a few days and then crossed the mountains and went down the Oregon Coast. The coast just blew me away with scenery around every turn. The state parks were unbelievable. Loved the state park in Newport which is at the marina. Great facilities right next to the brewery and distillery and the fishing piers. There is a free shuttle on the weekends that travels around town which was great. I would love to spend more time there and Washington State if it didn't take so long to get cross country. That is my favorite area.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:51 AM   #9

Coastal Oregon is very popular that time of year. Especially for the weekends, I'd suggest reservations.
biosensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #10

By the way, if you are driving the coast highway, go north to south, that way the pullout are to the right side.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:34 AM   #11

And if you have time you may want to visit Crater Lake NP. You could bike around the rim, or drive it. There is a place to stay at the park, and many other NF campgrounds nearby as well as the one at Diamond Lake.

Here is link to a fairly recent thread about that area, http://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/crate...ea-278248.html I'm sure a search would provide more.

Best of luck, and have fun!

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:55 AM   #12

We spent a couple of weeks in Oregon this past fall and it's easiest to give you links to a few of my blog posts: McMinnville (Big Dude's Eclectic Ramblings: 2015 Western Trip – Day 39 – Let’s head to Oregon), The Coast (Big Dude's Eclectic Ramblings: 2015 Western Trip – Day 42 – A Trip To The Oregon Coast), Sisters (Big Dude's Eclectic Ramblings: 2015 Western Trip – Day 47 – Starting Back East To Sisters, OR), Volcanism (Big Dude's Eclectic Ramblings: 2015 Western Trip – Day 52 – Cascade Volcanoes).. There are several more if you are interested and it was the favorite part of our trip.
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dix39 View Post
And if you have time you may want to visit Crater Lake NP. You could bike around the rim, or drive it. There is a place to stay at the park, and many other NF campgrounds nearby as well as the one at Diamond Lake.

Here is link to a fairly recent thread about that area, http://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/crate...ea-278248.html I'm sure a search would provide more.

Best of luck, and have fun!

Steve
x2

I suggest leaving the motorhome in the campground at Crater Lake and traveling the Highway of the Waterfalls. The Crater Lake / Diamond Lake area is where it starts.

Also, once you leave Crater Lake don't forget to stop in Union Creek to see the Gorge and Natural Bridge - Becky's Cafe has great pies! From there you can travel to Grants Pass on 62, cutting off on 234 just after Shady Cove, that'll take you to Gold Hill where you can catch I5 to Grants Pass. Get off I5 at the first exit which is the Hwy 199 exit and follow that all the way to the coast. It'll run you through some beautiful scenery and finally through the Redwoods near the coast.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:47 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by no3putt View Post
Have heard great things about Pacific Shores and planning on going there this summer.

Well, if you do, come over to site #18. I'll have a cold beer (or a glass of wine) for you and some great conversation.

Ron

PS... what is an Cummins ISL10?
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote