Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2022, 01:49 PM   #15

Using backin sites sure eliminates the walk throughs. The only time walk throughs seem accepted is at things like bluegrass festivals, where everyone is there for the same reason & cutting through sites is the shortest route to the stage.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2022, 02:07 PM   #16

If you're going to be at the campsite for several months plant some prickly pear cactus. Works great on peeing dogs too.
Old 03-31-2022, 02:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooma View Post
Back in sites. No more walk thrus.
Not necessarily. We had a lady walk her dog down one side of our site, around behind our rig and back up the other side.
'13 Ram Laramie 3500, Aisin auto,4:10, Reese adapter and 20K hitch, '10 HitchHiker 36LKRSB
Old 03-31-2022, 02:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooma View Post
Back in sites. No more walk thrus.
Not if there is something of interest behind the site.....creek/lake view/dunes etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I had reached the point that I do not mind telling folks that proper campground etiquette is to not walk through someone else's site. If they get mad, so be it. Then I will report the rude behavior to the office.

Ken
Walking thru someone's camp site is same as walking thru someone's yard.
It is trespassing, plain and simple
Paid rental on the site.....stay off unless invited.

I will call them out on it.
Etiquette needs reenforced on occasions

And if that doesn't work....next time, spray them with the hose
Old 03-31-2022, 02:43 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”
Attributed to Albert Einstein
He also said something like, "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits".
Old 04-03-2022, 05:50 PM   #20
doc

Appalachian Campers
One of the things we discovered about parking near the showers and toilets. Just not a lot you can do if you don't want to speak to the problem
Old 04-04-2022, 04:53 AM   #21

Only back ins on the camp perimeter stop the walk thru clowns. I don't let it worry me, too much stuff to worry about already.
Old 04-04-2022, 06:36 AM   #22

Have witnessed long-term campers duel over "property lines" delineated by the first owner's placement of rock borders. So funny when the line moves while one party is temporarily off-site!!
Old 04-04-2022, 07:26 AM   #23

Walking through camps doesn't bother me as much as people with ankle biter dogs with long leashes letting their dogs come into camp because they think their dogs are cute and harmless (not realizing my 95 lb Boxer doesn't agree) and then the dog poops its little tootsie roll and they think its so small why bother to pick it up (rant over)
Old 04-04-2022, 08:25 AM   #24

These are the parents. Can only imagine how much worse their children are.

Had someone in Dutch Star pull through their site through someone’s else site gets turned around then drives in facing the correct direction through same site. Couple of feet from our MH. These are back in sites.
Old 04-04-2022, 08:57 AM   #25

The timing of this post is just too funny. I have been complaining to DH about the people cutting through our site at the last 4 campgrounds we have visited, wondering if this was the new normal. I don't remember it happening near as often in the first 4 years of full-timing, but now it seems to happen all the time. I've gotten to the point where I make sure we park the toad out of line with the motorhome so there is no straightaway from front to back of site. We also scatter some belongings about the site to create an obstacle course, but that doesn't always stop people - they just step around/over. And obviously a whole new generation of campers is learning from their parents that this is acceptable behavior.
Old 04-04-2022, 10:11 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Don't get too worked up about it. It just part of camping. Say something to the people cutting through your site, but work your blood pressure up.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:00 AM   #27

What about when you have a lakefront site with your own gravel beach and all and they park their boat on it ? Yep, pull their boat right up on your campsite and tie it to a tree and walk off.
Old 04-05-2022, 05:23 AM   #28

We just had a guy pull in and remove a quick disconnect fitting from our y-valve to hook up his hose to it. He had to use two hoses to reach and there was a working spigot right next to his wet bay. Only took them a few minutes to have their site looking like a junkyard. At least the sites are back to back pull thru's and he faces the other way.
Closed Thread

Tags
campground