Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2022, 03:46 AM   #71

Greg Hindson, DW could mean dreaded woman. -Just kidding - It means Dear Wife.
Some RVers push the limits and someone somewhere should get their attention. Even if it's a family reunion, each RVer should have the respect to considerate to others. They should realize we all paid for our site for our use, not theirs.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2022, 06:35 AM   #72

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
When they come through your site just tell them you would like to talk to them about Jesus. They most likely would not come back through.
Old 04-08-2022, 07:00 AM   #73

Spike strips, similar to those used by Highway Patrol to blow out car tires....
Otherwise, your gonna have to deal with it. There will always be rude and ignorant people.
Old 04-08-2022, 07:21 AM   #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobstlmo View Post
It’s a very sad thing but the people who are disrespectful and rude are Primarily from New York, New Jersey, California, Michigan and Especially Quebec, In my 20 years those are the most Rude and Disrespectful people people I have ever met.
Ask them where they are from, you will see.
Can't verify the american states you list, but Quebec takes the trophy for rudeness in Canada. Some RV parks around Mazatlan now have signs up saying "no Quebecers" for this exact reason. and I am Canadian!
Old 04-08-2022, 07:41 AM   #75

Take your phone out and take their picture walking thru your site. If they ask why you're taking their picture just say 'proof'.
Old 04-08-2022, 08:07 AM   #76

I stay at a campground at a tractor show site and usually try to get a site in the middle of the grounds because it is closer to the entrance to the grounds. The campgrounds are about 500 yards long so most don't want to walk all the way around. People walking through doesn't bother me so much when they start driving their golf carts through then I put a stop to it. It always seems to get wet and rainy so it turns to mud quite easily. I have set up barriers but it seems sooner or later they seem to run them over. But, life's too short to get too upset over it. If I'm sitting outside we usually end up having a lenghty conservation about our tractors. It usually ends up being a discussion as to which color is the best but we all know, RED IS THE BEST!
Old 04-08-2022, 08:35 AM   #77

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey, life's pretty short to be upset all the time. My philosophy is to make friends with everyone who comes by. You'd be surprised how few folks want to stay and visit though.

While the DW is inside working at her computer I sit outside with a book just waiting for some unfortunate individual to come by that I can waylay with conversation. Sometimes I make a new friend, but usually they avoid me like the plaque from then on.

Just stop the children running through and ask who they are, and get a conversation going. The parents will then tell them to widely avoid the strange man next door.😊

On another note I really hate to go around the rig to dump the black tank when the neighbors are entertaining or grilling, but depending who they are...........
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Old 04-08-2022, 08:36 AM   #78
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobstlmo View Post
It’s a very sad thing but the people who are disrespectful and rude are Primarily from New York, New Jersey, California, Michigan and Especially Quebec, In my 20 years those are the most Rude and Disrespectful people people I have ever met.
Ask them where they are from, you will see.
That's an absurd generalization.

I'm form Michigan and mostly camp in Michigan, I have zero problems with fellow campers except for the occasional after hours loud music but most of the time a simple request solves the problem.

People occasionally walk through my site but as long as they stay away from my personal belongings I really don't care. Kids riding their bikes, although rare, will get a polite "please don't ride your bikes through here". Most of the time they apologize and won't do it again.

The last thing I want to do is spend my relaxing weekend being angry at people.
Old 04-08-2022, 08:39 AM   #79
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryancasey View Post
They are rude, reply in kind.

This is how things escalate and one of the biggest problems in our country and the world right now.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:13 AM   #80

But boar maintenance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-31D View Post
Can't verify the american states you list, but Quebec takes the trophy for rudeness in Canada. Some RV parks around Mazatlan now have signs up saying "no Quebecers" for this exact reason. and I am Canadian!
Wasn’t going to reply but read yours so here’s mine. Just left a park where 8 other sites around were all from Quebec and had been there long term. My site was small as you had to back in between two trees. I am inside when 3 guys come over, move my picnic table, and back a boat in only 5’ from my front door. Then begin to fix steering cables! They were done in couple hours but I left next day.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:33 AM   #81
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Zap View Post
Wasn’t going to reply but read yours so here’s mine. Just left a park where 8 other sites around were all from Quebec and had been there long term. My site was small as you had to back in between two trees. I am inside when 3 guys come over, move my picnic table, and back a boat in only 5’ from my front door. Then begin to fix steering cables! They were done in couple hours but I left next day.

What did they say when you suggested that wasn't the proper place for boat repairs?
Old 04-08-2022, 11:17 AM   #82

How about one of these: https://www.hardwareandtools.com/woo...dkja-8546.html

Might attract kids on a hot day though.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:48 AM   #83

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
With kids trying, I have stopped them and- calmly- informed them that they should not cut through peoples sites and pointed to the paths that are created to go through. To date I have always received "I'm sorry, didn't know" and that was the last time. Would see them using the paths.

For adults, my dogs start a serious ruckus. It will usually stop them and I- calmly- request that they too use the paths and not go through my site as that really upsets the dogs. I have never had anyone talk back to me or say anything nasty. I've always received an "I'm sorry, didn't realize".

Due to COVID there is a HUGE influx of new RVers of all ages. They don't know the unspoken 'rules & etiquette'. Without rancor, I educate them.
Old 04-08-2022, 12:29 PM   #84

1) My wife says that I am an idiot magnet and stupid people gravitate around me ....
Dang, shes right, I just read this whole tread…
I usally just take off my shirt, NOBODY wants to see my fat belly
And if that dont work, I threatened to wear my Ric Flairs
If all else fails, I start talking to myself in jibbersh
When im done, they all now walk in the street and stare at the crazy fat old man, yep, i get a free parade.
Life is short enjoy it.
Terry
Closed Thread

Tags
campground