Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2015, 07:56 AM   #1

Our trip, Starting Labor day weekend....

So, we were scheduled to leave on a 16 day adventure in our new to us Class A this coming Friday. However my Dad had a health problem 2 weeks ago, major surgery, and we canceled to be around and help him get back to norm. He is doing well, actually better than well, and should be home soon.

So, reschedule. And of course now that we are re thinking this trip, we have a different trip planned. This is our first RV trip West. We have been RVe'rs for nearly 40 years, but have never gone this far. We have made 5 trips west on our motorcycles, so most of this is not new to us. Here is the proposed plan.......... but keep in mind we have 16 days, so we are limited. We will bring my bike, and it will be our toad.

Leave SC Friday evening before Labor Day, and pretty much drive for 3 1/2 days to Cusrer SD. Take a break there, spend a day and check on Crazy Horse progress etc etc... (2 nights in Custer area CG)

Travel to West Yellowstone, hopefully stay at Grizzly, so we can walk about town in the eveing. Spend 4 nights there, 3 days visiting Yellowstone on the bike.

Yellowstone to Jackson Hole, a short 127 miles trip, sightsee the way there, spend one night in Jackson Hole.

Jackson Hole to Vernal Utah. A 300 mile senic run. Spend 2 nights in Vernal, spend 1 day visiting Dinosuar Natl Monument.

The current plan is to head home via I-70 from there. However the wife is trying to extend the vacation and get 2 more days off. If that happens, we will stop for 2 nights in Estes Park on our way through Colorado.

With exception of Dino (never been there before) most of this is a repeat for us, but never in a RV, and we always enjoy the area.

Thoughts?

L.

PS, we love the road, 4 to 500 mile days in the coach seem easy, we have done many 4 to 500 mile back to back motorcycle days, so I guess the coach is easy in comparison.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2015, 09:12 AM   #2

ya.. I have a thought..

TAKE ME WITH YOU!

Have fun, be safe.
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:16 AM   #3

If the weather co-operates, you've got a plan.

Safe travels.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:43 AM   #4

You just work with how many days you have. It's doable.

Myself, I'd take off a day of Yellowstone and add it to Grand Teton.

Enjoy! It's a beautiful time to be in those places. We've done it often....probably cool nights and nice warm fall days. It's too early for any snow dusting to stay. It would melt fast.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:58 AM   #5

Thanks for the encouragement...

Yes, my one concern is the weather, we plan to ride the bike once parked, sure hope we get some clear weather. Cold would be ok, can easily combat that via our gear.

L.