Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2018, 04:36 PM   #15

Slot Canyon Tours

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPS View Post
We used Antelope Slot Canyon Tours by Chief Tsosie to take the upper canyon tour in August and we had a great time.

Their trucks have seats in the back that face outwards so you get a clear view on your way to the canyon. Other trucks had seats on the outside facing the middle so you faced the other passengers.

Leonard was our guide and he was really good! He would show you the correct angles to get the best pictures and would also take pictures with your camera, adjusting the settings to create really interesting colors.

It is a must see attraction!

We were there last spring and ALSO had Leonard as our Guide. I have recommended Chief Tsosie and Leonard to several friends. He was phenomenal. It was the last tour of the day and he left last, and drove slow. It allowed us to have a quieter tour through the canyon. I've been to Petra in Jordan and this reminded me so much of that trip. Leonard not only helped with camera placement for the best shots, he also took many pictures for folks. He even played his flute when we exited the far end, before hiking back to the trucks.
Cinders1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2018, 05:43 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
twogypsies, Thanks for the web sites. I have put them into my reference info. They are exactly what I needed to make the decision on the slot canyon in Page. We are traveling the South West Jan - May of 2019 and will use the web sites for areas to explore. Thanks again.

Safe Travels and THE JOY IS IN THE RIDE
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:03 AM   #17

We did the tour with Dixie Ellis’ Lower Antelope Valley Tours. Our guide was very good.......

We did not to an uppers tour.

As for the lowers tour, you do need to be somewhat agile, and be able to climb steep stairs and ladders.

As for other things to do, we took the raft “float” from the bottom of the dam down to Marble Canyon, which includes Horseshoe bend. It’s not some wild rapids expedition, although you might get wet if you sit up front. A great trip....... can’t remember the company that does that tour, but I think there is only one in town.

BTW, break out your wallets and tip the guides.......
Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:01 AM   #18

Besides Zion and Bryce, Lake Powell and Page, I would also suggest Nevada's "Valley of Fire" State Park. It's not far and it's really amazing!

Valley of Fire State Park | State Parks
Cinders1 is offline   Reply With Quote