Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #1

Parks to stay in AZ for BB Spring Training

Hello fellow sports fans!

We are planning to go to the Phoenix area for baseball spring training 2015. Where have you stayed that you and the DW (Dear Wife) liked?

Thank you!
rrcollings is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2014, 11:56 PM   #2

We have been to AZ Spring Training in the past and know that if you will have children under 18 with you your campground choices will be very limited. Most cg's are 55+. Ballparks are located on the east, northwest, west, southwest of PHX as well as Mesa, Scottsdale and Tempe.
Which teams are you interested in watching?
Most of the ballparks are quite new and comfortable with seatbacks. Look for seats which will be shaded from the afternoon sun. Sunshine can be intense in March. The later you attend games during the spring training season the more likely you will see the big leaguers rather than the farm club players. The big leaguers generally leave after the 7th inning and the games may end in a tie!
I suggest that you find out the schedule of your favorite team(s). Schedules and tickets become available on the internet sometime after January 1.Then search for their home field location. Look for a cg near that ball field at www.campgroundreviews.com. All the ball parks are within about 75 minutes of each other. Senior volunteers are friendly and helpful at the field. The games are popular so we always buy our tickets in advance.
Sorry I cannot be more specific but I cannot remember all the teams which play in or near PHX.
Have fun!
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #3

No kids with us. Just the two of us. I've been searching for recommendations but they seem hard to find. Thanks for the link!
Old 10-14-2014, 04:44 PM   #4

We stayed at Shiprock RV Park in Apache Junction. It was a nice place. Hubby is Cubs fan, me Cards. We had a great time!
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:22 PM   #5

Parks to stay in AZ for BB Spring Training

Many of the teams conduct spring training camps West of Phoenix. Many are in Surprise, Az. (off of West Bell Road and near highway 303). I suggest you look at RV Parks near Surprise, El Mirage,Litchfield Park or Avondale. They are also close to I-10.

We have a relative that winters (Oct- May) in Happy Trails RV Resort located is Surprise, about a mile from the training fields. Happy Trails has some RV space rentals and lots of amenities including the Great Eagle Golf Course.

We will be in Phoenix in Nov., attending a major soccer tournament in North Phoenix, will be staying at Desert Shadows just off I-17.
Cudntherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Anyone ever stay at either of these two parks: Grand RV Park or Casa Del Sol Resort West?

Both are in Peoria.

Nick
Old 10-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #7

We stay at Lake Pleasant at the Maricopa Regional County Campground every year. Beautiful park with spacious sites but water and Electricity only (very clean showers and restrooms). Thirty dollars a night with a two week maximum stay . It is northwest of Phoenix just west of I-17 off Carefree highway. Meet a lot of baseball fans there. I'm not sure how far it is to the training camps but I'm assuming only an hour or so. The campers we meet don't complain about a long drive. There's also Cave Creek Regional Park off same highway but east of I-17 a few miles. You can stay at one and then the other for a months total stay. There are a few other Maricopa Parks as well but on the east side of Phoenix. Usery Mountain is near Mesa but very close to the freeways. All these parks are very nice!

Search Maricopa Regional Parks. They have a web site with on-line reservations.

WM
Old 10-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
We have stayed here twice. Close to Camelback right next door to Goodyear stadium. 55+ Very quiet at night and very friendly.
Cotton Lane RV Resort - Goodyear, AZ
Old 10-15-2014, 10:09 PM   #9

BB Spring Training Schedule and Map

There is an excellent 2015 spring training schedule and map at www.springtrainingonline.com.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:37 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
We have stayed here twice. Close to Camelback right next door to Goodyear stadium. 55+ Very quiet at night and very friendly.
Cotton Lane RV Resort - Goodyear, AZ
We stayed there last year. A very nice place.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
We stayed there last year. A very nice place.
We will be there next year i am sure.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:02 PM   #12

Thanks for all the recommendations. We booked at Cotton Lane RV Resort. Looking forward to enjoying some AZ sunshine.