Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2021, 04:35 AM   #1

Pennsylvania, NY, and New England

Hello All -

Leaving FL and heading North in a few months and I know where we are staying until Gettysburg. Looking for points of interest to visit in NY, ME, NH, VT and RI. Possible stop in RI to see friends and do not want to traverse NYC unless absolutely required on the way back. Also what toll pass works in the PA, NY and the NE not sure my SUN PASS will be good there.

Thanks in advance!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2021, 05:56 AM   #2

What sort of things do you like?
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:52 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
You will need a EZPass for toll travel in the states you mention. The Tappen Zee (sorry just can't bring myself to calling it the Cuomo) will be you best bet to avoid the GW. I go up to I84 and across but considering you want to go to R.I. It will put you too far north. Tons to see in NE but pre plan ASAP since most places have limited space after Memorial Day
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:21 AM   #4

We stop in Gettysburg every couple years on our northern trips. We stay at Artillery Ridge Campground Gettysburg Horse Park. In NY, I'd recommend you stop in the Finger Lakes region and if you like, do some wine tasting. Clute Park in Watkins Glen is right in town and makes for a good base camp. Walk the Watkins Glen State Park gorge. Letchworth State Park is very nice it's over to the west. The Glenn Curtiss Museum and Corning Glass works are nice places to visit. It you head up north, stop at Alexandia Bay area and visit the 1000 islands. We head to Maine every summer to get away from Fl heat/humidity and stay outside Acadia National Park in Narrows Too. We also stop at Booth Bay ( Shore Hills RV) . Regarding Sunpass-- it does not work up there, but I've found that there is little need for traveling toll roads, other than Mass pike and certain areas of I95 in Maine that are toll. Mass Pike is toll by plate and in Maine, they have toll booths.

If you want, UNI is available in Florida from the expressway authority and is interoperable with Florida’s SunPass and LeeWay, Georgia PeachPass, North Carolina QuickPass, RiverLink, I-PASS and E-ZPass. The 18 compatible states include: Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:42 AM   #5

Lots of history in Boston. If you want to see Boston, I would stay at Normandy Farms CG in Foxborough MA (where the Patriots play) and drive in from there.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:19 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Yes Boston is awesome. Highly recommend doing the Freedom Trail tour. A great walking tour of some of the most significant historical landmarks
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:28 PM   #7

Normandy Farms is also close to RI. From there it would be an easy ride to Newport and tour famous mansions and drive the coast on Ocean Drive.
Gladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredk20716 View Post
Hello All -

Leaving FL and heading North in a few months and I know where we are staying until Gettysburg. Looking for points of interest to visit in NY, ME, NH, VT and RI. Possible stop in RI to see friends and do not want to traverse NYC unless absolutely required on the way back. Also what toll pass works in the PA, NY and the NE not sure my SUN PASS will be good there.

Thanks in advance!

ipass also works
Old 04-09-2021, 08:57 PM   #9

Do watch your routing across NY and CT - you aren't allowed on anything called a Parkway (and especially in the case of NY parkways, you won't fit under the overpasses)
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote