Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2019, 11:37 AM   #1

Phoenix campground recommendation

Hello all. I'm picking my wife up at the Phoenix airport Saturday. 3-16. And we'll be staying in a campground that night and leaving for Tucson Sunday morning. Any recomendations would be appreciated.
jdux999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2019, 02:51 PM   #2

I think Eagle View RV Resort is among the nicest in the Phoenix area. http://www.campgroundreviews.com/reg...-rv-resort-137
Old 03-10-2019, 03:33 PM   #3

Eagle View is far away from the airport & not in the direction you'll be heading afterward.

What about White Tank Mtn. - Maricopa Regional Park? https://www.maricopacountyparks.net/...regional-park/

Are you an Elk? There's a lodge #2251 nearby that offers RV parking

How about just driving to Casa Grande? Plenty of parks there.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:46 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We went to Phoenix to see Spring Training baseball games last year at this time.

Good luck finding a RV park. Everything was packed last year.

I'd suggest calling around and seeing who has space available.

We are Elks and that was the first place I called. Full up.

Let us know how you make out.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:46 PM   #5

+1 on Casa Grande. 30 minutes from the airport and lots of RVs.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Call ahead.

Pheonix Metro (Norther area I-17 - 101 loop) can do single nights. no pull throuighs

Cotton Lane, (western area I-10 - 303 loop) They also have some overnights about 20 pull throughs..

White Tank is a regional park, about 15 minutes north of Cotton lane off of 303 loop. (45 to airport)

These will be about 30 - 45 minute drive to the airport
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:39 AM   #7

I am in Mesa now and heading to Tucson today. Finding a spot for a short stay in the Phoenix metro area was almost impossible. They are so spoiled here by snowbirds and spring training that the parks are all full or will only take monthly reservations. Tucson is not as bad. In Tucson try Lazydays KOA. Here is a tricky work around. Call Westworld Scottsdale (an event center with a lot of parking lot spaces with w & e. You will have to buy a ticket to one of their ongoing events as this time of year they only take in event goers. But you can usually get a ticket plus space for less money than an RV park anyway.
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:21 AM   #8

At White Tank we are pretty much filled up at our regular spots for the next couple of weeks. But we almost always have ‘overflow’ or dry camping available on a first come first served basis. That being said we occasionally have special events that use the space and will close off the overflow area. Such was the case this past weekend and will be again the week end of the 23rd. Always a good idea to call ahead. You can’t reserve an overflow site but you can find out if they will be made available. We are not spoiled, we are busy. Especially during spring training. Not a great snowbird Park because we have limits to our stays.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:19 PM   #9

Thanks all. I went with Sundance in Casa pGrande. Looks like a nice place, located between the airport and Tucson, and with passport America only $27 a night.
jdux999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:37 PM   #10

jdux999, If Sundance doesn't work out, the Motorcoach Resort in Chandler is just south of PHX on the i10 at the Wild Horse Pass Indian reservation. Not much of a resort, but great of an overnight, probably $50/ngt. Motorhomes only, all pull in's.

Tags
campground