Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2018, 04:02 PM   #1

Piney Grove Campground, Mississippi

Has anyone camped there in a motorhome? Looking at the site photographs it doesn't appear the site are very level for a longer coach. Does anyone have suggestions for site numbers that are level?
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2018, 04:20 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Stayed there back in 2013. Site 106 in a 31' coach. Site was sloped with the far end low but I was able to level and keep the rear tires on the ground. Go here for more pics - https://www.campsitephotos.com/campg...s/piney-grove/

Really liked the CG but having a site that backed up to the lake probably helped. Toured the Tiffin factory during the stay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00222.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	598.8 KB
ID:	190156   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00224.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	468.8 KB
ID:	190157  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00234.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	491.1 KB
ID:	190158  
Old 01-27-2018, 06:19 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply and photos. Good to hear you like the park.

My coach is a bit longer so I am not sure I could have leveled at this site as it appears the asphalt rises just in front of your front tires which would put me at a more severe angle. Also looks like your rear wheels are up on ramps. I may take a look at Whitten Park as well since they are in the same vicinity and hopefully have sites that are more level.

Our plan is to tour the Tiffin factory as well along with a pilgrimage to Tupelo for my wife who was a big Elvis fan.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:26 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's an older park more suited to towables. I was on the edge concerning how much weight I had on the rear axle.

Maybe Whitten Park Campground a bit south on the canal would work better.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/w...O&parkId=71500
Old 01-28-2018, 07:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post
It's an older park more suited to towables. I was on the edge concerning how much weight I had on the rear axle.

Maybe Whitten Park Campground a bit south on the canal would work better.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/w...O&parkId=71500
Thanks for the information, I am looking at Whitten now and the sites seem a bit more level. I will likely reserve at Whitten.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:44 PM   #6

All the COE RV parks along the Tenn-Tom waterway were built about the same time. I have stayed at Piney Grove and Whitten in a 37 ft MH and don't recall any issues. Granted some spots are more suited to towables and satellite reception is iffy due to the trees but doable. Tishomingo State Park just north of Belmont is old and tight and I wouldn't recommend it for a class A MH. Another option is Tombigbee State Park just west of Tupelo, I've never stayed there but have friend who do in a 45' Allegro Bus. Barnes Crossing rv Park is just off the Natchez Trace in Tupelo, it's near most shopping and dining plus you can get on the Trace and go to Belmont and Red Bay very easily.

Tags
campground