Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2016, 07:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
You're going to be spending a lot of time in the toad. Hidden Valley is not all that close to Spring Green / Taliesin, or even the Dells, for that matter. Plan on a couple of hours to either, one way.

Yes, we realize we'll have a bit of a drive to these places. But in this case , we decided we'd rather stay in one place in the RV and take the toad around, particularly after the long transit leg from Atlanta. Thanks!
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2016, 09:05 AM   #16
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Devil’s’ Lake Quartzite Campground has 25 sites you cannot reserve. Get there on a Thursday and pick site #1 for the weekend, a fun spot.

Baraboo has a number of attractions. Circus World Museum is worth a stop.
Circus World Baraboo - Wisconsin Dells | Attractions | Magic Show

My favorite place to eat in Baraboo.
Broadway Diner, Downtown Baraboo, Wisconsin

Also in the area for those who like rolling steam…..
Saginaw Timber Co. #2 Stretches Her Legs
midcontinent.org/saginaw-timber-2-stretches-her-legs/
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:23 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There are many county and city rv parks along the way from Superior to Ashland. I'd take route 2/53 out of Superior and pick up 13. Follow on 13 all the way around Lake Superior. Priceless territory and I'm sure you'll find places to stay.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post

If into aviation at all you have to stop at the EAA museum in Oshkosh. If not attending the fly-in/convention avoid that period of time, it will be a zoo (not to mention you won't find a place to stay within 50 to100 miles in any direction).
Actually you can camp right at the event if you chose to attend, we have for years. It is a busy place, but I wouldn't call it a zoo. We've always had a good time.

Just my 2c.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:36 AM   #19

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
It's definitely worth the extra mileage and fuel to return via the Upper Peninsula and lower Michigan. Beautiful country. On lower Michigan if you can get reservations this late on the Lake Michigan side, especially around Sleeping Bear Dunes Nat'l Lakeshore in the Traverse City area, you'll absolutely love it. All of the surrounding small towns are neat to poke around and the beaches on Lake Michigan are awesome. I think reservations are a must on your trip as both states are very popular in the summer.
Thanks for the info, we will probably give it a try. We will check for reservations before leaving the Dells. Thanks again.
WANDERIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:39 AM   #20

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
It's definitely worth the extra mileage and fuel to return via the Upper Peninsula and lower Michigan. Beautiful country. On lower Michigan if you can get reservations this late on the Lake Michigan side, especially around Sleeping Bear Dunes Nat'l Lakeshore in the Traverse City area, you'll absolutely love it. All of the surrounding small towns are neat to poke around and the beaches on Lake Michigan are awesome. I think reservations are a must on your trip as both states are very popular in the summer.
Thanks for the info, we will probably give it a try. We will check for reservations before leaving the Dells.

Thanks again.
B.J.
WANDERIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:26 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have stayed at most of the RV parks in the Dells and all are good. It just depends on how close you want to be. Fox Hill RV Park is our favorite, which is on the opposite side of the highway. Close, but real nice. We have also stayed at the KOA(nice but railroad track nearby), Sherwood Forest, and Holiday Shore. I would have no problem staying at either. I would also strongly recommend Door County! A must see. I would also strongly recommend the UP, you can either hug the top of Lake Michigan, with lots of RV parks available, or go to the top of the UP. I might recommend starting at the Porcupine Mountains, then travel towards Marquette, MI. Stay somewhere around Munising or, one of our favorites, Taquenaman Falls. From there, head to the Straits State Park in St. Ignace which is the North side of the Mackinaw Bridge. Stay there and go to Mackinaw Island(A Must). Then travel across the bridge and travel down the Lake Michigan side, through Petoskey, Charlevoix, Traverse City, etc.....

Such an awesome trip!!!!

I lived most of my life in Michigan and the last 10 years in Milwaukee, so we have done variations of the above many times. Good Luck!

Gary

2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G