Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2005, 07:14 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Planning on spending a week next summer at a campground in or around Port Angeles, WA and would appreciate suggestions on which RV park to use. I am particularly interested in any info on Lyre River Park.
Thanks for your responses,
Dick
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2005, 07:14 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Planning on spending a week next summer at a campground in or around Port Angeles, WA and would appreciate suggestions on which RV park to use. I am particularly interested in any info on Lyre River Park.
Thanks for your responses,
Dick
Old 10-07-2005, 08:30 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well,the first thing I can tell you is that the last I heard Lyre River CG is closed...We have been doing some camping up there so here is a list of some places we've stayed or are planning to stay...The Koa is actually quite nice and it isn't too far out of town. You also can get your tickets for the Victoria ferry and a shuttle there..We are looking at going to The Log Cabin Resort on Crescent Lake this winter as it looks really nice and we have friends in the area.I was just at Salt Creek County Park and that has nice sites in the woods for tents and smaller units and some nice grassy non h/us for larger rigs out in a field. There is a dump site there also.We have camped there in a tent and twice in a pop-up. I have driven my school bus up there for an annual x-country meet three different years,so I know that a 40' MH will fit on those sites...Crescent Beach is right around the corner from there and Salt creek RV park(two seperate parks) is on highway 112 just where you turn to go out to the other two.Sol Duc Hot Springs is also another nice area,but is on the west end of Crescent Lake from town.There is one right in the middle of town and I think it's called Peabody Creek and it is in walking distance to everything in town. I haven't looked at it,but I believe that it has pretty good reviews.. Also the N.P. cgs in the area are super nice,but you have to watch out for site sizes..Check out www.campgroundreviews.com for more information on more parks in the area.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:35 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

If you want to be in the general area I'd highly recommend Fort Worden State Park in Port Townsend. Port Townsend is a really cool place to see and there's lots to do. It an easy drive to Hurricane Ridge, Sequim, Sol Duc Hot Springs, etc. Fort Worden is an old coastal artillery fort, since abandoned and now a state park. You can camp right by the beach and explore the gun emplacements. Full hook up sites and nice and roomy. I'd tell you my favorite site number but then it would no longer be secret and I'll have trouble getting it when I go.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote