Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2019, 05:01 PM   #1

Quartzsite 2020

Thinking of going, but never been there. Have quite a bit of info re boondocking but wondering if the daily drive to the events might be a hassle with the thousands of people attending. Any thoughts from those who have actually gone this route?

Also, any recommendations on RV Parks in Quartzsite which would be walking distance to the events. Anything about 1/2 mile or less would work. We have a 30 ft. Jayco Class C and looking for hookups to keep our little fur baby comfy.

Thanks and happy trails.
geobiker39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2019, 09:20 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I don’t have any recommendations for campgrounds, but you could call the Quartzsite Improvement Association for recommendations or just look at an app that has a map interface. We have friends who stay in Mountain Quail, but it is farther than 1/2 mile. We stay in the BLM areas outside of town. As for the crowds, we ride our bikes. Parking is available if you get there early, but don’t count on being close if you show up late morning or afternoon. And while I guess it is theoretically possible for the temps to be high enough to need AC, we have never used it in the 5 years we have been going. We do need to run the heater though, but I can’t imagine the temperatures being uncomfortable for a dog.

Whatever you do, if you want to attend the RV show this year, make your reservations now. They fill up.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:28 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We've been staying at the same place for the past 12 years.

Crawford's RV Park
315 E Main St, Quartzsite, AZ 85346
(928) 927-6594

Nothing fancy but it gets the job done. We'll be there on the 6th of November and then again a week or so later.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:33 PM   #4

Rice Ranch RV is probably the easiest to walk to the activities. It's right across Hwy 95 where the RV Show and many vendors are on Kuehn St. It's basically a gravel parking lot as are most of the RV parks.

Rice Ranch - Directions

If you've never been the last two weeks of January is a good time to be there and join in the festivities. You won't need AC in Dec/Jan.

We always stayed at Scadden Wash down Kuehn and the South Frontage Road - a free 14-day boondocking site. When we went to the vendors we would park on Kuehn facing Scadden and it made for an easy get-away after shopping.

Explore this Quartzise CofC site for lots of good information and dates of the shows along with RV Parks (look under 'R').

http://quartzsitetourism.com/explore-quartzsite/
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:59 PM   #5

If you're planning on visiting Quartzite 1/19 - 1/25 (same week as RV show) you might want to check out Quartzfest, a free ham (amateur) radio focused gathering. In addition to ham radio events, they will have seminars on solar and other topics of interest to RVers in general:

https://quartzfest.org/2020-quartzfest-schedule
Old 10-25-2019, 03:23 PM   #6

Quartzsite 2020

Thanks everyone for responding to my inquiry. Good info which I am using. Have decided to stay on BLM land. Happy travels
geobiker39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:07 AM   #7

Right now you could have your choice of spots in Q. During the big tent sale, not so much. Plan on arriving with full water and empty holding tanks. The line to dump will be long. Parking at the show is challenging. Either arrive early or go mid afternoon. I'd suggest Plamosa Road about 8 miles north of Q on hwy 95. Miles of short term BLM parking. It's a day for the tent, another day if you want to look at the flee market and one more to look at all the RVs for sale. Our dogs do fine that time of year out boondocking. Usually no A/C is needed and the furnace may feel good in the morning.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:31 AM   #8

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Also planning our 1st trip to Q, glad to hear Ac not needed for dogs, We travel a little bigger, 36' coach with 24' trailer, will I be able to get into Blm's without getting stuck?
It looks like a lot of designated groups? I don't mind being by other people, its part of camping, telling lies around the camp fire, but is there places for "non" group people?
Last question, at the event , is there Motorcycle parking up front? a lot of times they let Motorcycles park up front?
Thanks, see you there
Old 12-31-2019, 12:07 PM   #9

The biggest RVs dry camp on the BLM lands. You won't have a problem. Just don't drive down in a wash (ditch) or you could get hung up. There's acres and acres of flat dry land. You won't need AC in January if that's when you're going. I don't know about cycle parking.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frutza View Post
Also planning our 1st trip to Q, glad to hear Ac not needed for dogs, We travel a little bigger, 36' coach with 24' trailer, will I be able to get into Blm's without getting stuck?
It looks like a lot of designated groups? I don't mind being by other people, its part of camping, telling lies around the camp fire, but is there places for "non" group people?
Last question, at the event , is there Motorcycle parking up front? a lot of times they let Motorcycles park up front?
Thanks, see you there
The farther out of town you go the more places you can have to yourself. Lots of good dirt roads getting into these places as well. I have never seen M/C parking, just lots of dirt lots but sometimes you can get a spot up front if you get there early.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:07 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
One thing to remember is to not park in a wash, or any low ground. It does rain and the empty washes can fill up in a hurry
Old 01-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTTransplant View Post
Whatever you do, if you want to attend the RV show this year, make your reservations now. They fill up.
Could you elaborate on this statement? I’ve never been to Q. Before but I assumed the RV show would be a come and go type affair. Or are you saying that the Rv parks will fill up?

"the Oilfield PAID me to retire, so I did" :-)
JNSNWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 09:18 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNSNWT View Post
Could you elaborate on this statement? I’ve never been to Q. Before but I assumed the RV show would be a come and go type affair. Or are you saying that the Rv parks will fill up?

He is talking about reservations in campgrounds. There are a lot of campgrounds in and around Q so if you want a CG, better hurry. Otherwise there is plenty of BLM land for free.

The big tent is no cost as is all the other places selling stuff you can't possibly live without
Old 01-18-2020, 03:33 PM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Geobiker, did you make it? We finally got to Q, we're on the Blm,, LaPosa north, wow, we got here at a crazy time, i think, people said it's busiest on the 1st day, we'll see

Tags
quartzsite