Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2020, 03:59 PM   #1

Reno Air Races

Anyone camped (RV) during the Reno Air Races? Last (this year) one was cancelled but I'm considering next year (2021). Looks like there's a resort GSR close by. Any suggestions and/or recommendation on where to stay to best enjoy the events at the airport? Thanks in advance...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2020, 04:43 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterfan View Post
Anyone camped (RV) during the Reno Air Races? Last (this year) one was cancelled but I'm considering next year (2021). Looks like there's a resort GSR close by. Any suggestions and/or recommendation on where to stay to best enjoy the events at the airport? Thanks in advance...
There’s a decent park in Sparks right near I-80. Something to do with a little lake, marine, etc. Anyway it’s close enough if you have a toad or are pulling a trailer, and not so close that you get reamed by the air races premium and/or have to fight crowds.

Edit: Sparks Marina RV park https://www.sparksmarinarvpark.com/
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 07:19 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Border Town on 395 North of the stead airport.
Park Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 09:29 AM   #4

Thanks...Border Town looks nice but I think I want to be a little closer to the action (I may regret it ). Plus, I won't have a "toad" (I don't think) so I would have to rent a car if that far away. I'll keep up the search...
Old 11-12-2020, 12:33 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
call Stead and see if they have RV parking for the event.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:43 PM   #6

OK...I'm a "dork"...I thought the airshow was at the Reno airport...Bordertown is closer to the action. Thank you, and sorry I didn't recognize your simple excellent direction. The airport DOES have RV parking...so I'll look into that as well. Thank you everyone!

Tags
ace, air