Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2016, 06:07 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Retirement

I will be retiring in 2017 and I would like to know where in flordia would be for me and my wife go spend next winter like 4or5 months at.I would so reasonabl place to stay.Iam sure somebody has stayed at pretty nice place! THanks for info
sewerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2016, 06:43 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What is your definition of "reasonable"? SW & SE FL could cost $1,200 or more per month. The Panhandle and central FL, except near Orlando, not so expensive. Personally, to keep "warm", I would stay south of the Tampa-Melbourne line. The Panhandle can and has gotten snow. If you decide on a SW or SE destination, you should try to make reservations now for next year. Yes, they are that popular!

For your 1st winter, you may want to try the approach we used in our first year. Stay at many different places around the state at various times of the winter. The weather and bugs do change. FL state parks are great, but most only allow a 2 week stay. Then you must leave for 3 days and can return for another 2 weeks.

You should ask the moderators to move this out from under the Winnebago forum to the camping destination forum.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:15 AM   #3

This is our first winter in Florida. We are doing as the previous poster suggested and moving around to see different areas. One can book Forida State Parks on line 11 months in advance, so you could start planning early 2017 pretty soon. We stay at a park for 2 weeks, then move on to another. By the end of the winter, we should have favorite parks and areas to inform our future bookings.
WendyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:02 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
It don't really matter what part of flordia.I would like a nice reasonable rate.A lot of u know what a reasonable rate is. I don't know a lot about flordia but I have camped right out side of silver springs before when we went to the dirt races before.That might be a good idea Wendyg.THanks
Old 11-30-2016, 08:19 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerdog View Post
It don't really matter what part of flordia.I would like a nice reasonable rate.A lot of u know what a reasonable rate is. ....
There's no shame in actually putting a dollar value on what "you" think is reasonable. People are just trying to help.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:19 AM   #6

Private parks in Florida , even pricy ones, fill up in the winter. So clearly there are people who think those parks are a reasonable value. Other people would think the price unreasonably high.

The prices in the state park system a seem reasonable to me. And Florida seniors get a big discount, making them a real bargain. But you do have to move at least every two weeks. Will you be changing your domicile to Florida or keeping it in your current location? One is limited to 56 days in any one park in a six month period. If you wanted to, you could select three parks in region and make reservations to switch among them very two weeks. Or travel further try a variety of areas. Quite reasonable in cost.

If you decide want a seasonal rate in one private park, and anywhere in Florida will do, I suspect you will find the lowest prices in the panhandle or elsewhere in the northern part of the state. Not as warm, but it is far warmer than my former home in the Midwest.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:31 AM   #7

Go online and check the Brevard County park rates. At least 1 has 6 month limits and are nice parks. Wicham Park, in Melbourne, was one.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:09 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I think,from 300.00 to400.00 a month is reasonable maybe a little more .I haven't stayed in flordia for a month much less 4 0r 5 months.Far is that goes I haven't stayed no where but my house for a month.THanks a lot for any info!
Old 11-30-2016, 10:23 AM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I think,from 300.00 to 400.00 a month is reasonable maybe a little more. I haven't stayed in flordia for a month much less 4 0r 5 months. Far is that goes I haven't stayed no where but my house for a month. THanks a lot for any info!
You won't get that rate even in Oregon in the winter if you want a nice park. You can get down to about $580 if leasing for 3 months or more (over $800 on a month to month) but this is a 10/10/10 rated park too.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:43 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I think,from 300.00 to400.00 a month is reasonable maybe a little more .I haven't stayed in flordia for a month much less 4 0r 5 months.Far is that goes I haven't stayed no where but my house for a month.THanks a lot for any info!
Don't forget to add tax on top of the rate. FL has a high hospitality tax...state, maybe county, and maybe city add ons.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:45 AM   #11

Since you mentioned Silver Springs, look at this RV park review site. For each park you can view the individual web site to get rates by clicking on the Orange bar - website. I just looked at two parks in Silver Springs for rates. There are more.

Ben's Hitching Post - $315/month plus electric Ask if they have long-term rates.

Lake Waldena RV - $378/month plus electric for seasonal rental; $398/m for by-the-month.

Silver Springs, FL Campground Reviews - Best of Silver Springs Camping - RV Park Reviews

You can search for any city this way and it will be very helpful for you. For a long-term rental reserve as early as you can. You might even be put on a wait list as those that are in the park now usually have first choice if they want to return.

There are plenty of lower cost RV parks available but you'll have to search for them. Good luck!
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:02 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
THanks You All!!!!
Old 11-30-2016, 01:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood27 View Post
Don't forget to add tax on top of the rate. FL has a high hospitality tax...state, maybe county, and maybe city add ons.
Also for a monthly or seasonal site, Anticipate having an electric meter and paying specified rate per KWH.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
THanks You All!!!!

No problem! Congrats on your soon to be retirement. I'm a few years behind you (2020).
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote