Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2020, 10:58 PM   #15

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
THANK YOU!!!!!
This helps a bunch..going to just pass on thru NM due to their restrictions on out of state'rs..Still studying AZ and NV...
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2020, 11:06 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Mom and Dad always stayed at Winterhaven Resort in Brownsville, TX when they were full timing. Granted, that was now 10 years ago, so it may have changed since then.

https://www.winterhavenresort.com
Old 10-31-2020, 08:05 AM   #17

We have friends that stay here every year. A couple years ago we visited and the park for RV's is very nice. Worth checking out.
https://www.rancherovillagetx.com/
be-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:10 AM   #18

Not to cause trouble here but how do they enforce quarantine rules? Do they have roadblocks at all state border crossings?

Given the size of most states I would imagine even if there was a way to monitor everyone, you could make the drive to the RV park you were planning on staying at and then self isolate. Are you allowed to go to the grocery store or do you have to have two weeks provisions on board?

I know I probably derailed this thread with these questions, but since I am the OP, perhaps that's OK. Please, lets not start a mask / no mask type of disagreement, just genuinely curious about the quarantine rules.
X-OEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 01:08 PM   #19

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-OEM View Post
Not to cause trouble here but how do they enforce quarantine rules? Do they have roadblocks at all state border crossings?

Given the size of most states I would imagine even if there was a way to monitor everyone, you could make the drive to the RV park you were planning on staying at and then self isolate. Are you allowed to go to the grocery store or do you have to have two weeks provisions on board?

I know I probably derailed this thread with these questions, but since I am the OP, perhaps that's OK. Please, lets not start a mask / no mask type of disagreement, just genuinely curious about the quarantine rules.
Normally the Governor will make a proclamation and the campgrounds will enforce..

Btw.. We are looking at the Twin Palms Resort in Rio Hondo.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:46 AM   #20

Looks like a pretty decent place, smaller which I like better than a 1,200 spot park. Pretty isolated though from a walking standpoint, but noticed that quite a few RGV RV parks seems to fall into that category.

So if the governor mandates a 2 week quarantine - you can check into a park, but you can't leave? Kind of like a roach motel!! Are you allowed to go shopping? I mean for essentials like food. Also seems like a policy that means well, but doesn't recognize that most RV'ers sort of are already self isolating.
X-OEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 03:36 AM   #21

I enjoy walking and biking too. Loose dogs in the RGV (2 different parks) ruined 2 stays. Victoria Palms is a nice park but an island of sorts. (No sidewalks outside the park). If you're happy driving everywhere outside the park, then it's fine.

At Mesa Spirit (Mesa AZ) you can walk or bike everywhere. Sidewalks, bike lanes everywhere.

I am in the Thousand Trails system and book stays of 14-21 days, moving around quite a bit.

Booking monthly stays sounds wise.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 11:23 AM   #22

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-OEM View Post
Looks like a pretty decent place, smaller which I like better than a 1,200 spot park. Pretty isolated though from a walking standpoint, but noticed that quite a few RGV RV parks seems to fall into that category.
Just to update... Booked Jan. and option for Feb. @Twin Palms in Rio Hondo, TX

Tags
winter