Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2021, 08:36 AM   #1

River View RV Park campground

This park is in Pierre SD. This is a warning and a question. We made reservations in May to stay here 9 days on our way to Utah. We paid in full as requested. On the way, we encountered electrical problems and had to go to the Winnebago factory for repairs. I began canceling and everyone understood the situation, except Riverview. She couldn't credit my card she had to send a check. It would go out as soon as I texted my info to her. I texted it and heard nothing. Almost two months later, no refund. The website says nothing about any cancelation fee or any cancelation policy. When I call she is always just heading put the door to mail it because she doesn't trust her mail carrier to get it to the post office. Now she doesn't answer any call or emails. Normally, I wouldn't care but it is $350 and she hasn't been honest with me.
I have filed a complaint with the BBB in Pierre but I think that is about all I can do, besides leave bad reviews everywhere. Any other ideas I can do or should I write it off and forget it.
megthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2021, 08:58 AM   #2

Depends how much aggravation you're willing to put up with for $350. Did you call your credit card company to dispute the charge? Many times they will suspend the amount you've paid until the issue is resolved. $350 would aggravate me enough to at least be persistent and maybe leave negative reviews on campground websites, Yelp or whatever. But at some point you just chalk it up to having dealt with an unethical business and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megthered View Post
This park is in Pierre SD. This is a warning and a question. We made reservations in May to stay here 9 days on our way to Utah. We paid in full as requested. On the way, we encountered electrical problems and had to go to the Winnebago factory for repairs. I began canceling and everyone understood the situation, except Riverview. She couldn't credit my card she had to send a check. It would go out as soon as I texted my info to her. I texted it and heard nothing. Almost two months later, no refund. The website says nothing about any cancelation fee or any cancelation policy. When I call she is always just heading put the door to mail it because she doesn't trust her mail carrier to get it to the post office. Now she doesn't answer any call or emails. Normally, I wouldn't care but it is $350 and she hasn't been honest with me.
I have filed a complaint with the BBB in Pierre but I think that is about all I can do, besides leave bad reviews everywhere. Any other ideas I can do or should I write it off and forget it.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew55 View Post
Depends how much aggravation you're willing to put up with for $350. Did you call your credit card company to dispute the charge? Many times they will suspend the amount you've paid until the issue is resolved. $350 would aggravate me enough to at least be persistent and maybe leave negative reviews on campground websites, Yelp or whatever. But at some point you just chalk it up to having dealt with an unethical business and move on.
+1.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:58 PM   #4

Absolutely dispute the charge with the card company.
sawmillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 02:44 PM   #5

Was the charge actually on your credit card? Sometimes charges are held back until you show up in person.

If it was on the credit card then contact the card. They'll call her to discuss the situation.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:27 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Small claims court - but send a demand letter first via certified mail. If your have an atty friend have them send a letter.

If you have anything in writing that she was going to refund then your way ahead.

Also any company that can take credit cards can refund via credit card it is actually part of the contract with the provider. It does not makes sense to mail a check because the refund via credit card will credit her account with the fee she was charged to take the payment .... unless she has an odd processor.
Old 07-21-2021, 10:58 PM   #7

I did call my bank this morning and they verified that the money had been taken and not put on hold. They initiated a fraud investigation and will contact the campground. The BBB accepted my complaint and have started an investigation. I have left bad reviews with campground review, campendium, trip advisor, RV parky for starters. I also emailed her this morning and told her just what I was doing, just to see if she would set things right. Haven't heard a word. The ball is in their court now. Thank you for the advice and a place to rant.
megthered is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, rv park