Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2007, 02:32 PM   #1
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

I looked in the CG Review and did not see anything posted. So I figured I would ask here, does anyone know anything about this place Riverside RV Resort Arcadia, FL Pro or Con?? The web site looks nice, but would rather hear from fellow RVers! Looking to go hear in Feb. March 2008 Thanks!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2007, 02:32 PM   #2
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

I looked in the CG Review and did not see anything posted. So I figured I would ask here, does anyone know anything about this place Riverside RV Resort Arcadia, FL Pro or Con?? The web site looks nice, but would rather hear from fellow RVers! Looking to go hear in Feb. March 2008 Thanks!!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:13 AM   #3

It is rated a 5x5 star resort and in reality it is ... beautiful park, paved roads and lots of activities .... check the pet policy however as I believe there is some limitations ..... The staff is first rate. If for some reason you cant get in try Peace River Campground ... rustic but does allow pets, kids and campfires and if you have, ATVs ..... It is a real 'campground' and not nearly as resorty as Riverside. Riverside is close to Port Charlotte that has a lot of things to do. Both are close to Arcadia ... basically WalMart and Antiques!

Andrea
C Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:09 AM   #4
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hey C Driver,

Thanks for the helpfull reply, it is stuff like this that make this a great site!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:24 AM   #5
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi all,

Well I just got off the phone with them and they are all booked up for Feb & March !!
Oh well meaybe next year !!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:05 AM   #6

Al
As I mentioned . take a look at peace river CG www.peacerivercampground.com
A little more rustic but they handle kids and pets without a problem ... breakfast on Sat and Sun morning, Bindo Sat night and ice cream ... canoe place right next door if you want. antiques galore downtown

Andrea
Old 11-20-2007, 02:48 PM   #7

I have spent 7 years at Riverside RV Resort. Great place, friendly and well managed. It is a true RV resort, no park models, save maybe two for staff residence. The same people return year after year, so getting a reservation can be difficult during the time period you are asking about. However, I would check back with Bonnie Elliot the manager. Things do change, cancellations, deaths, etc. I see new faces every year that have never been there before. Bonnie will almost always find a place for you for at least short stay. There are two Encore parks not far from Riverside in Port Charlotte, both often have vacancies.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:39 PM   #8

Peace River Campground was once a KOA and close to the Peace River in an area that canoes and the like are OK. George (the owner) recently purchased an adjacant 100 acres that he allows four wheelers and primitive camping in (for a price). If you like campfires kids and activity and 30 amp some trees and things like digging for fossils in the river it is a nice place.

If you want a more "adult" quieter setting try Tobys (encore resort), Big Tree (carefree resort), Little Willies, Cross Creek. Craigs no longer allows dogs.

and a Bob Tail Cat
Richard and Babs and a Bob Tail Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:57 AM   #9
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Thanks for all your help and info!! As I said before it's thinngs like this that make this a great site!!
Old 11-21-2007, 02:47 PM   #10

Riverside is OUTSTANDING! Getting a site is very difficult. I would call again in several weeks. There may be last minute openings. Homer made very good comments. We also have been there for 7 years. The management, facilities, and winter residents are all reasons that we return.

There are several other parks nearby that are lower cost, but do not have the amenities of Riverside.

Check campgroundreviews.com for other parks in Ft. Ogden, Arcadia, and Port Charlotte area.
jojolima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #11

http://www.lettucelake.com/ is near Riverside.

http://crosscreekrv.com/ is North of Arcadia, but has a good reputation.
jojolima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #12

Al
With the variety of resorts and campgrounds around here you might want to let us know what it is that you all like to do or see. Feb is a bad month for reservations anywhere in Florida but not impossible.

Andrea
Old 11-30-2007, 06:00 AM   #13
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey C Driver I would like a campground that I can have slide and awning both out, and not hit either on rig at the next site! A pool and hot tub would be nice, or at least one of them! I do not mind kids and dogs as long as they are not running all over my site, and making a lot of noise after quit hour !! Since I am going to be out for a few months Wi-Fi at site is nice but as long as it is in the campground that is ok!
Old 12-01-2007, 04:32 AM   #14

First, Riverside uses satellite net so it can be very slow at times of high useage... all that being said, personnally don't think a lot of 'kids' go there ...it is really for snowbirds, etc. although they have a lot of activities like sewing classes, etc.
Peace River Campground is definitely geared toward the family with kids and pets. Sites are ok, mostly grass with some pads available but wide enough for slide and awning (let them know you have). Campfires ok ... they do have ATVs on the weekends, mostly, but after dark quiet hour is enforced .... Pool is heated and the Wi-Fi actually works pretty well at site ... they do charge but not sure how much ....
It is, keep in mind, a campground and not a 'resort' ...
Their website has a lot of photos that you can see to get an idea what the campground looks like ..... Welcome to Florida

Andrea