Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #1

RV Campgrounds near Delray Beach FL

We are planning to visit relatives in Delray Beach, Florida later this week and looking for any campground recommendations in the vicinity of Delray Beach. We will hopefully be in a new to us 40 RV with a Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad.. Needless to say this is short notice and Florida is probably pretty full of RVs this time of year but any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
Catch14me is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #2

It depends on how long you plan to stay. John Prince County Park in Palm Beach County may work out and so will Markham Park in Broward or Quiet Waters Park in North Broward County but they all have a two week time limit. The good thing about that is you don't have permenent residents at those parks. John Prince is the closest but it is also close to an active airport. There are private RV parks and mobile home communities in North Broward but I have not stayed in any of them as that is not the type of camping I like to do.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #3

Camping near Delray Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by D in Davie View Post
It depends on how long you plan to stay. John Prince County Park in Palm Beach County may work out and so will Markham Park in Broward or Quiet Waters Park in North Broward County but they all have a two week time limit. The good thing about that is you don't have permenent residents at those parks. John Prince is the closest but it is also close to an active airport. There are private RV parks and mobile home communities in North Broward but I have not stayed in any of them as that is not the type of camping I like to do.
I wish we could stay a couple of weeks but unfortunately probably only a few days. Thanks for your prompt response and I will keep these places in mind for when we can stay longer.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:28 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Try Del Raton
tbfirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbfirm View Post
Try Del Raton
Looks nice. Thanks for the tip. The weather may delay our trip a few days. What luck, the day we were planning to travel south snow and ice are predicted for most of the way there....
Old 01-27-2014, 05:51 PM   #6

I am sorry that I was not very clear. The two week limit is the maximum you can stay and not the minimum. The costs should be about $40. a night for full hook ups and 50 amp service at the county parks. I have found that the private camp grounds that do not limit your stay will be full of perminent residents in this area.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by D in Davie View Post
I am sorry that I was not very clear. The two week limit is the maximum you can stay and not the minimum. The costs should be about $40. a night for full hook ups and 50 amp service at the county parks. I have found that the private camp grounds that do not limit your stay will be full of perminent residents in this area.
Our trip is delayed a couple of days due to Leon. Who would have thought there would be a significant snow storm and on the day we planned to leave. I jumped to conclusions on the two week stay because I had recently read comments about campgrounds requiring a least two weeks in prime areas. Thanks for writing back I will check these out as well. We are driving down to look at a potential RV purchase and thought while in the area visit relatives and check it out before heading back home. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:02 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Catch14me,
Consider West Palm Beach / Lion Country Safari KOA | Camping in Florida | KOA Campgrounds this is close to where I live. It's about 15 miles from Delray. Easy drive to Delray. It is next to Lion country Safari. Very easy in and out. Country atmosphere. It is away from the big city traffic and crime.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #9

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I am closing this request as we have returned home. From sunny 80+ to snow.

Tags
campground