Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2019, 04:16 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Jim_HiTek,
#11 can be found on the internet. Enter the zip code and "weather". There are many sites that provide historical weather data.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2019, 03:25 PM   #30

High Price Lots

Check out Tiger Run RV Resort in Breckenridge, Colorado. Lots were for sale at $280,000 to $350,000 for the normal size lots with concrete pads. Along the Blue River, lots can top $600,000. Plus, monthly maintenance fees are $300 a month.
Five star resort in a ski area, but for me just couldn’t make the economics work at those prices.
Rex3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:48 PM   #31

I have a post that was bragging about owning my lot. I won't retype or post again but it's I this forum called
Class A motorcoach resort lots for sale in SC

Lots starting at $31, 500. Very nice resort. Class A luxury resort. Still have lave view lots left. I'm not in sales or gaining anything. Just letting you know.
alanjennrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:59 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	PS Lot.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	399.4 KB
ID:	264644

We are new owners at Outdoor Resorts Palm Springs. So far, so good. The community seems VERY friendly, everybody's got a smile and a wave, and the golf and other activities are all free. Maintenance is $400/month. Lots range from $50K to 190K. It was built in the 1970's. You can check it out at ORPS.com. Trailers, 5th wheels, Class A welcome.

Interestingly, the HOA budget is around $5M, with gardening coming in at $1.4M. I can tell you it is beautifully landscaped and really well taken care of. You can check it out at ORPS.com. There are lots of security people running around on golf carts, all with a great and helpful customer service attitude, which surprised me. Seems really safe here. Ownership is sure a different feeling than checking in somewhere for the night...

PS - It's 91 degrees here today...
Old 10-24-2019, 04:00 PM   #33

Absolutely!

We bought a lot in Hilton Head as well (at the Hilton Head RV Resort and Marina). It is consistently rated 10-10-10, is on the water, has two pools, an incredible restaurant, tennis courts, boat rentals, jet ski rentals, parasailing, canoes, live entertainment, food trucks, basketball goals, filled with palms and old oaks full of Spanish moss, etc. When a more desirable lot came up for sale, we bought it and decided to keep our old lot to rent out. The rental income on the old lot paid for BOTH lots (association dues, taxes and power.) The resort office does all the renting for us (we split the rent 50/50) and the association dues pay for the landscape upkeep, water, sewer, wifi and cable TV. After doing the math, and realizing that our condo in Panama City brings in the same net profit every year as our RV lot which cost a fraction of the price (due to tremendous upkeep costs), I put it up for sale and am now purchasing more RV lots purely for the rental investment. There are no upkeep or rental headaches and the worst thing that happens is a tree might come down with a hurricane....which gives a sunnier lot for a renter that may be looking for that! If our owners don't keep their rig on their lots, they are rented out by the resort office, and when the owner wants to use it, they simply call the resort office and tell them to keep their lot vacant for their particular dates. Renters reserve a "spot" but they can't reserve a particular lot. The lots are first come, first served, so that the owners don't run the risk of having their lot reserved for long periods of time, making it unavailable to them. So if you know you're going down next weekend, you call the office and tell them not to rent the spot to anyone who may stay over the dates you want to use it. Everyone is happy.
danijor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:09 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Appreciation / Depreciation

For those who were wondering about appreciation on these RV lots, it seems to be all over the map.

Here are the sales records for the lot pictured above:

1990 $43,000
1997 $39,500
2004 $85,000
2007 $128,000
2010 $80,000
2019 $72,000

It's a crapshoot...
Old 10-24-2019, 05:24 PM   #35

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
We bought a deeded lot in an Rv resort in Florida. We paid less than 30k With cement pad . Lot owners fee $1100 annually. Ten years going south and south west then we found a very comfortable place to spend our winters. We downsized from class a to a class c, after adding a park model. We still travel fall summer and spring , but only couple weeks at a time. Still love our Mi summers !

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:32 PM   #36

In Akron, NY we bought [leased, 99 yr.) a beautiful lot, paved 4 car parking. New shed. Well maintained 900 site park..all paved interior roads, pools, etc. Paid 6K and 2,200 per year HOA fees. Includes all utilities for 6 months the park is open. All new electric in our section, 50 A. Love it! We winter in FL. There are RV sites in FL selling north of 1 million ! I've seen the listings !
bobm1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:48 PM   #37

Freightliner Owners Club
We have owned our lot in Juno Ocean Walk, Juno Beach Florida since October 2007...We are thrilled that we do! We use it to store our Motorhome, use as our Beach house and rent out through th Association when we're traveling.

It has been great even though our s/b is only 30 minutes away. Taxes are low ($2000/ year), park well maintained with reasonable maintenance including water/sewer/cable/internet ($250/month). Cheap for Beach living (1 1/2 blocks away). We would definitely do it again but prices are up 50%!

Last April we almost bought another one in Venture Out in the Florida keys. Turn out after extensive research, that in Monroe county Florida, that once a trailer or park model has been permitted to be tied down on the RV lot it can NEVER be an RV lot by county law and crazy ROGO
Rules. And do doso would be a CODE VIOLATION.

There are very few few legal RV lots in the keys yet the realtors told us and others that they are...be very careful if you want to buy a RV lot in Monroe county Florida!
John Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:50 PM   #38

RV timeshare? Have you read the contract or just listened to the sale hype?
Old 10-24-2019, 06:08 PM   #39

My wife and I are considering retirement options right now. For that reason we have found this thread particularly interesting. I never knew buying an RV pad was an option. Thanks to all who have posted here! And yes we realize a much newer rig (than the one were driving now) would be necessary!
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 07:04 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Before you jump in.. make sure the HOA is solvent. Also prior to big decision, read all the HOA rules. How many times In past 5 or 10 years has there been an increase in fees. Are there road issues? Water issues? Ask people if they like administering body of decision makers. Resorts can be fun if run properly... a nightmare if they’re not. Oh... make sure that there are no assessments you may incur.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:24 PM   #41

In our resort empty lots go for $68,00 to $90,000. It depends on what resort and where. Ours has lots of amenities - pools, spas, sauna, restaurant, performing arts hall, golf course, etc.
robertcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 07:55 PM   #42

For those who have Airstream trailers or motorhomes, some of the Airstream parks are a good deal relative to the higher-dollar examples people are listing above.

For instance, I currently have a lot for sale in Texas Airstream Harbor for $18,500. It includes an unfinished ~ 450 SF “casita” (this park calls them cabanas) plus about another 600 SF concrete surface under cover for the rig, plus covered patio (also concrete). Texas Airstream Harbor has about 0.6 miles of frontage on Lake Sam Rayburn (best bass fishing in Texas). The only reason I’m selling is that the husband and I have moved up to another unit in the same park that we like better. Annual assessment of $600 pays for water, sewer, trash service, clubhouse, and common area landscape maintenance. This is intended to be an example of a park alternative, not a sales posting. It just happened that I can use my own example to make the point.
Interblog is offline   Reply With Quote