Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2019, 08:45 PM   #43

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We currently live in hellafornia just purchased 21/2 acres with all utilities and three RV hook ups and a renter we’ll be building a home for us as a base and a pad for our renter we can tour the country and come back to our home base.
Lockman1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2019, 09:02 PM   #44

If a persons desiring close neighbors and a sense of community along with all the associated things that go along with such a location why not buy into a Sun City anywhere. Get a reasonably priced home (there are many Sun Cities all over with 2 bedroom semi detached or town homes) not so different than a RV resort and park your RV in their dedicated storage area and continue to travel.

Or do like I believe we will once we get the travel bug sated and look for a more private setting that is lake front and allows for the construction of a cabin or Cabana and covered or enclosed RV parking. We would naturally have a dock and a boat. A lake that interconnects with other waterways and potentially deeper water access would be ideal, not mandatory though. Their are an incredible number of lakes/rivers throughout this country that provide the opportunity to do just this.
stuccosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:17 AM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Again?

I am interested in this topic, but isn't this the same thread this been going around for months.
Janjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:28 AM   #46

I like the fact that the RV lot that I bought(and have a deed to) is always there when I want it. I love the park that we are in as they have so many activities during the season you should never get bored. The lots here start at $40K and go up. Yes there is a maintenance fee of about $135 a month which gets your grass cut and edged every week so you don't have to and also cable TV. Travel when I want and home base when I want. Can also rent the lot out if I so desire. ($850 a month)
chuckie0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:13 AM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
We bought a lot at Thornton Creek 3 years ago and enjoy it tremendously. We still take a few trips during the winter, using it as our home base. The sense of community mentioned by others is the most attractive feature. Yes, we would do it again.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:12 AM   #48

For over 100k it SHOULD hang for a while. So what??
jaykris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:51 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Naples Fl, the park we are staying at this year, lot on the lake depending on size around $150k, not on the $120k. We are renting from an owner for 3 months $4300 which includes cable, WS, electric and internet (rent a modem). Have to say it’s a very nice park with many amenities. Some of the owners here own more than on lot. I guess they buy them as investment.
Excursion04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:10 AM   #50

RV Lots

The over-arching issue I see is that so many boomers are retiring and buying RV's. But how many new RV parks have been built? Seems it will only get more and more difficult to find places to camp. And I know of a number of RV parks that are no longer offering rentals - they are converting to 100% ownership.
jimheiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:42 AM   #51

We didn't intend on buying a lot. Went to Hearthside grove Petoskey MI just
to see what a class A resort was all about. Fell in love with the park but more so the people and sense of community. Got a great deal end of season on a corner lot already landscaped and 7100 sq ft. 3 similar lots sold for 20k more
in the summer. Northern Mi is a great summer place and lots to do. We don't plan on staying all summer and can rent out the property and cover HOA fees
and some of the taxes. (anyone thinking of coming up next yr PM me). We are
building a tiny house, outdoor gas firepit and covered outdoor kitchen.
4 hr drive from home and can take a car up in winter for some skiing. Or
take the coach south for the winter. I think owning/buying smart isn't a losing idea with the popularity of RVing these days.
roryrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:45 AM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We've owned a lot at Havasu RV Resort since '08. It's a nice place with great weather during the season. All costs have gone up since we bought it. Some didn't exist...like the water. It was over 100k but hasn't quite rebounded to that since then. We end up renting it more than staying but it's been easy finding people who want it for 6 mos or more-they usually reserve a year ahead. The past couple of years we've had quite a few inquiries about selling as well.- Not interested in that just yet- our kids have expressed an interest. All considered it's been a good experience being part of a beautiful place that's well cared for and quiet. We have the largest lot in the place- 5000 sq. feet. Would we buy again? Probably not- financial times have changed. However, I'd say it's a good thing depending on your life style. Many of the other advantages have already been stated. We're not really community people although we enjoy town a lot and spend much time there when we go.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:46 PM   #53

Here’s a couple over 100k.

http://www.evergladesisle.com/

https://www.bluewaterkey.com/own-here/
RWDJR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:16 PM   #54

We own a lot in the Bigfork Motorcoach Resort in Montana and they've most recently changed hands at around $90K. We love it there - beautiful, well-managed park with mostly terrific people in a gorgeous part of the country. We'd buy again without hesitation. Re some of the questions from posters below: it's deeded and, if you'd like, you can register your RV against the property; there are property taxes (<$400/year); there are HOA rules and fees (<$2,400/year). Keep in mind a point I've not seen mentioned - when you're done RVing, it's real estate that can be resold. Our property's value has increased handily since we bought three years ago. At worst, we'll have had years of relatively low-cost glamping in a place we love (five months for the aforementioned taxes and fees), but, if the current trend continues, when we "age out," we'll turn a profit.
helferdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:34 PM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
We rv’d the first winter of our retirement in Mesa, AZ, in an “owner owns land” resort. There were rv lots for sale, and lots with park models on them. We ended up buying a lot with a park model because we wanted more space than our little 24’ rv, and knew we would love coming back there every winter. But there are many people who buy the lots for their bigger rv and live in it for the winter. The rv lots sell anywhere from 30,000 up to around 50,000 depending on the location. The pet section lots are always a little higher priced, as our entire park is not for pets, only a section. Our park is about 75% park models, 25% rvs. Homeowner dues are about 550$/ quarter, but that pays for the pool, tennis courts, pickleball courts, activities, security and beautiful grounds and maintenance. In the Mesa, AZ area there are very few “own your land” resorts. We still travel in the rv in summer and take trips from the AZ base in winter.
RedbirdAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:22 AM   #56

Heres a question for the RV lot owners out there. Do the parks you own a spot at employ the 10 year old RV rule? We do plan on upgrading if ownership becomes a reality but there are a LOT of great deals (and super nice units) that are 10 years old or older. Just curious!
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote