Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2023, 12:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I would be interested in seeing such a list of parks....I will avoid them.

Ken
IF you read the whole post a Link to RV CGs for Nudist is listed
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2023, 12:32 PM   #16

At one time, maybe early 2010's or even earlier, apparently several clothing optional parks with RV spots got associated with Passport America.

More than a few older RVers have commented on the surprise of setting up and seeing fully nude senior citizens walking around, without realizing what the park rules were.

A few have been mentioned to me over the years as one reason to avoid PA because "all their parks are nudist parks" which was never true.

Here is a thread on this forum from 2007

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/need...und-18917.html
OldBaldFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 12:35 PM   #17

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigceasar View Post
The effectiveness of the new weight loss drugs pale in comparison to the appetite suppression brought on by the thought of seeing the average RVer parading around in the nude.
HA......

Ain't that the truth !
Old 05-25-2023, 12:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBaldFat View Post
At one time, maybe early 2010's or even earlier, apparently several clothing optional parks with RV spots got associated with Passport America.

More than a few older RVers have commented on the surprise of setting up and seeing fully nude senior citizens walking around, without realizing what the park rules were.

A few have been mentioned to me over the years as one reason to avoid PA because "all their parks are nudist parks" which was never true.

Here is a thread on this forum from 2007

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/need...und-18917.html
Yea. That's a pretty tall tale. You don't just drive into nudist campgrounds, they are gated to keep the lookers from cruising thru.

They look at IDs and often do a background check.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
They look at IDs and often do a background check.
Now yes.

15 years ago - I don't know. Wasn't around them.

But every day I'm amazed at people who make posts on FB and forums such as this who have never done the slightest bit of research on the locations they go do.

"What do you mean no full hookups at a Forest Service park?"

"It's like a parking lot, not a tree in sight, and the rigs too close."

"There is nothing to do here." - Frequent post about campgrounds near scenic wonders.

"I can't work without internet."

and so on. Not sure it was ever any better.
OldBaldFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 04:29 PM   #20

Quote:
No.

As mentioned above, some naturists organizations might have a lake front beach, almost certainly on a small lake that is privately owned by the club/ group.

To my knowledge, there is only one public beach in the US where nudity is allowed - the Miami-Dade County run Haulover Beach in northern Miami Beach, FL.

Not the whole beach, just a section. If your RV were to fit in the parking lot, you would be required to be covered walking from the RV to the area where nudity is allowed.

Even San Diego's Black Beach does not officially allow nudity. Not even 52 years ago when I visited as a young sailor in training in San Diego. Just not enforced, if it was kept low key on the beach only.

Some states, such as Arkansas, have made nudity outdoors on your own private property illegal. Since 1948.

Increased emphasis upon protecting children from sexual exploitation has forced almost all family oriented naturist resorts across the country to close. Most left are for adults only.
My understanding that some federal land really has no law against nudity. Not too long ago, many places federal were nudity was allowed, but working with local governments, the rules were altered and nudity prohibited.

My understanding there are still federal nude beaches, the trouble is there are not necessarily RV parks right there, though they may be close by.

Last I heard the 2 I know about are near Sandy Hook, New Jersey and near the nuclear power plant on South Hutchinson island near Fort Pierce, Florida.

The right organizations can probably point to the beaches that are still nudity allowed.
Psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 04:40 PM   #21

Quote:
No.

As mentioned above, some naturists organizations might have a lake front beach, almost certainly on a small lake that is privately owned by the club/ group.

To my knowledge, there is only one public beach in the US where nudity is allowed - the Miami-Dade County run Haulover Beach in northern Miami Beach, FL.

Not the whole beach, just a section. If your RV were to fit in the parking lot, you would be required to be covered walking from the RV to the area where nudity is allowed.

Even San Diego's Black Beach does not officially allow nudity. Not even 52 years ago when I visited as a young sailor in training in San Diego. Just not enforced, if it was kept low key on the beach only.

Some states, such as Arkansas, have made nudity outdoors on your own private property illegal. Since 1948.

Increased emphasis upon protecting children from sexual exploitation has forced almost all family oriented naturist resorts across the country to close. Most left are for adults only.
https://www.orbitz.com/blog/2018/08/...all-50-states/

California
Turning your buns golden brown in the Golden State is easy. Clothing-optional resorts, hot springs and beaches are plentiful. The Bay Area is a magnet for the uninhibited (think Baker and Marshall beaches in San Francisco and Bonny Doon Beach in Santa Cruz), but the king of nude beaches is surely Blacks Beach near San Diego. Expect hundreds—if not thousands—of naked folks on hot weekends, and sections for both gay and straight sunbathers.
Old 05-25-2023, 04:44 PM   #22

https://www.visitflorida.com/beaches/faq/nude-beaches/

Playalinda and Apollo Beaches
The Canaveral National Seashore lays claim to two nude beaches in Florida. That could be because this pristine federal park is not only relatively remote, but also breathtakingly beautiful. This is Florida the way it was when the first explorers sighted them in Columbus’s day: dunes covered with a mantle of sea oats and seagrape, beach sunflowers and berries. It remains the longest undeveloped stretch of oceanfront on Florida’s east coast.

On top of that, it has the advantage of accepting nudity in the designated areas – at least at the federal level.

Apollo Beach, at the northern end of the park, sits in Volusia County, and has a designated clothing-optional section.
Old 05-25-2023, 04:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigceasar View Post
The effectiveness of the new weight loss drugs pale in comparison to the appetite suppression brought on by the thought of seeing the average RVer parading around in the nude.
Ah, you've been through the Magic Circle area at Quartzsite too! (There's a reason I stopped wearing Speedo's decades ago.)

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 11:33 AM   #24

Y'all need to come north in the wintertime. All the Snow Bunnies are dressed in heavy snowmobile suits. Ya can't tell which are the good ones and the, well, not so good ones unless they smile. The ones with half their teeth missing are scary. The others, if they don't wallow too much, they're OK.
Old 05-26-2023, 11:38 AM   #25

Bet the volleyball games on the beach would be entertaining [emoji6]
Toribk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 12:43 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psneeld View Post
My understanding that some federal land really has no law against nudity. Not too long ago, many places federal were nudity was allowed, but working with local governments, the rules were altered and nudity prohibited.
My understanding there are still federal nude beaches, the trouble is there are not necessarily RV parks right there, though they may be close by.
Last I heard the 2 I know about are near Sandy Hook, New Jersey and near the nuclear power plant on South Hutchinson island near Fort Pierce, Florida.
The right organizations can probably point to the beaches that are still nudity allowed.
Does Sandy Hook and Fort Pierce have hookups?
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 12:45 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
https://www.orbitz.com/blog/2018/08/...all-50-states/

California
Turning your buns golden brown in the Golden State is easy. Clothing-optional resorts, hot springs and beaches are plentiful. The Bay Area is a magnet for the uninhibited (think Baker and Marshall beaches in San Francisco and Bonny Doon Beach in Santa Cruz), but the king of nude beaches is surely Blacks Beach near San Diego. Expect hundreds—if not thousands—of naked folks on hot weekends, and sections for both gay and straight sunbathers.
With RV hookups?
Old 05-26-2023, 12:47 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
https://www.visitflorida.com/beaches/faq/nude-beaches/
Playalinda and Apollo Beaches
The Canaveral National Seashore lays claim to two nude beaches in Florida. That could be because this pristine federal park is not only relatively remote, but also breathtakingly beautiful. This is Florida the way it was when the first explorers sighted them in Columbus’s day: dunes covered with a mantle of sea oats and seagrape, beach sunflowers and berries. It remains the longest undeveloped stretch of oceanfront on Florida’s east coast.
On top of that, it has the advantage of accepting nudity in the designated areas – at least at the federal level.
Apollo Beach, at the northern end of the park, sits in Volusia County, and has a designated clothing-optional section.
With RV hookups?

Tags
rv park