Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2020, 07:45 AM   #1

RV Travel During this Covid Virus Period

I feel the need to share with the RV community our experiences "on the road" since we left our Winter location (Orange Beach, AL) last week (4/30/2020) ... we have had absolutely NO PROBLEMS traveling so far (we're presently hunkered down in Amarillo, TX, due to HIGH WINDS for a bit. We've had no trouble booking RV Park Reservations and no problem with Diesel Truck Stops along the way. Most of our RV Parks have worked out a way to check you in without any contact (envelopes left outside the office with your name and site number on it) ... it's kind of sad as the park owners are really doing a great job but their occupancy is WAY DOWN and they want people to know that they are open for business (most of their facilities are still closed except for laundry rooms, though ... so great for self-contained rigs). The roads are great ... you can really feel the lack of RVers on the road. Our route from AL was up North through Mississippi to I-40 then across to Flagstaff ... hope this helps anyone wanting to know what it's like "out there" ... no masks ... no fear ... P.S. We are Full-timers
Seghitravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2020, 07:59 AM   #2

More than half of our RV usage is for motorcycle or music events. Our annual 2 week Florida trip to see friends and golf was cancelled for April. Now planning on November.

Probably going to the mountains of TN or WV in June.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:51 AM   #3

That's great info about the RV parks -- I had just assumed that most were closed like the national campgrounds are. I am a very, very cautious person and am deathly afraid of the virus (being in a high risk group). But if we can use RV parks as "lily pads" so we can jump from place to place while remaining apart from anyone else, that opens up a world of possibilities!
profdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 06:46 AM   #4

I'm glad to hear it has been hopeful to you, profdan ... I have been using "www.campendium.com" along with my allstays.com to find RV Parks ... Campendium (aka Campgroundreviews.com) has been updating their site regularly as they become aware of open campground, closures, etc ... that's what we've been thinking, we are in the safest environment being in our RV traveling around. Enjoy!!!!!
Seghitravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:27 PM   #5

We just got back from a 2 week social distancing trip to Colorado. Also had no problems with RV parks except in WVa where even private parks were ordered closed. Walmart instead.

Truck stops no problems, particularly with the TDS card and disposable gloves.

Many more RVs on the road heading west on the way back than the week before.

Tags
travel