Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2006, 05:52 PM   #1

Since there seem to be so few RV parks that permit you to wash your RV I thought I'd start a thread from those with first-hand knowledge of where they are. Then hopefully Warpath will consolidate it into a useable link after y'all contrubute. Dick's RV Park in Great Falls MT. permits individuals to wash their rigs.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2006, 05:52 PM   #2

Since there seem to be so few RV parks that permit you to wash your RV I thought I'd start a thread from those with first-hand knowledge of where they are. Then hopefully Warpath will consolidate it into a useable link after y'all contrubute. Dick's RV Park in Great Falls MT. permits individuals to wash their rigs.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:59 AM   #3

Briarcliffe RV Restort in North Myrtle Beach allow washing your rig. They do require a permit that does not cost anything to memebers but I think it is $10 for non members. Very nice place to stay.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:43 AM   #4

Orchid Lake RV Park,New Port Richey,Florida.
Wash rig anytime,wash cars on Tuesdays 7:00am-9:00am.
Joe

An Indian and a Gypsy
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:09 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I thought Orchid Lake RV Park was mostly park models.

Do they have a website.

I'm at Quail Roost RV CG in Crystal River.

Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:34 PM   #6

Gulf Waters Resort in Ft. Meyers Beach allows washing as does the Barnyard in Columbia S.C.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:28 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The Corral in Tomball, Texas will let you wash as many vehicels as you want at $10.00 each. Seems a bit high to me. We have stayed at other places that would let long term residents wash once a month, no permit, and all others, $5.00 per vehicle.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:08 PM   #8

When we were at River Plantation RV Park in Severville, Tenn., it was 5 dollars to wash RV.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:06 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
As full timers we have not had a big problem getting permission to wash an RV. Most times for free. Some times we have had to go to a special place in the park. Washing at the site presents some real concerns for the park managers that I can respect.

Be sure and ask and remember timming is important.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #10

Last year Hart Ranch Resort in Rapid City, SD implemeted a $5 per vehicle charge but have done away with it this year.

2009 Crossroads Zinger pulled by a 2013 Chevy 4X4 Pickup. R.I.P. Kendall 3/17/2011
Two Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:04 PM   #11

The Lost Alaskan RV Park in Alpine TX allows RV washing. You will pay a small fee but they do provide a nice concrete pad w/drain and hose if you don't have your own
Barney & Cheryl Fife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:38 PM   #12

Adventureland Campground in Altoona IA allows washing for a small fee. Casa Del Valle in Alamo TX allows all guests to wash RV's and toads.
Texas Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:52 PM   #13

Buttonwood Bay Resort in Sebring Florida allows car and RV washing no charge.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #14

Port Saint Lucie RV Resort requires a $10.00 fee for washing any or all of your vehicles. They will even allow you to extend the washing over several days if you ask.

Paul
Paul & Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote