Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2008, 11:44 AM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
Diane -
I just posted a PM, but wanted to include info on AlamoFiesta that I suggested.

www.alamofiestarv.com - lots of photos of the park for you to see.

As for the jewelry, there are many nice shops in Fredericksburg where you might find something. The main shopping area is very quaint and is about 4 blocks long with plenty of benches for rests along the way. No climbing!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #16
Texas Hill Country Area Leader

Oh, my Gosh, Don F. you made day. That is because I took all of that rice off you, Right???? OK, don't get me wrong, I love the FOOD !!! And will do so again, given the chance. "Freezer Bags Ready"

We, don't normally tell or expound too much !! on our "spouses" what we normally do ......

And, I agree Blazing Star and Admiralty are great parks in SA. I prefer quieter more out of the way places.

If you want to experience the Texas Hill Country at it's best, (Sandy Hold your comments) inside joke

Go to Lake Medina RV Resort.

http://www.lakemedinarvresort.net/

The Best "Fishin" around:

Call ahead and tell them you are part of IRV2, Texas Boomers, Kristi Rupp's group. Ask to be on the the Lake or to be as close too the Lake as possible, and you can drive to Sea World in 45 minutes ... but the nights are so "quiet" it is "GREAT". (Suzanne will be the biggest help, but Linda can help too!)

Visit "Tad Poles Restaurant" in the area AND no I don't get a commission, just Luv them. They are "My Home Park".

Ok, getting into the park is better done in the daylight as the road is a little curvey, OK alot curvey, but once you are there ... need I say more.

Bob and I are at 210 493-2659 in SA if you need any assistance while you are here. Please call

Glad you are visiting Texas, I may be up your way next.

Love K

Kris
ruppr2 (Kris) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:44 AM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh, my Gosh, Don F. you made day. That is because I took all of that rice off you, Right???? OK, don't get me wrong, I love the FOOD !!! And will do so again, given the chance. "Freezer Bags Ready" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kris ya got me laughing when I read this early this morning. (0400 hrs actually)

I'm gonna give ya a "Early warning bulletin" now....

I'm going to be and San Antone May 13th-16th for an OSHA conference. So ya better batten down the hatches and sound the alarm cause that crazy fella from South Louisiana is gonna invade the area again.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:21 AM   #18

If you are in San Antonio right now Fiesta just started last night. They have the carnival setup in the Alamo Dome parking lot and other events going on in town also.
1995Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #19
paz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 1995Brave:
If you are in San Antonio right now Fiesta just started last night. They have the carnival setup in the Alamo Dome parking lot and other events going on in town also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Fiesta would be the reason Dianne said it was still crowded when they went there last night. We were there before the Fiesta last year and found downtown to be quite manageable with no real crowds. Parked in a lot near the Alamo for just a few bucks and walked to the River Walk after seeing the Alamo. We really enjoyed our boat ride and lunch along the river.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote