Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #15
jor

Thanks to all..................
jor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #16

Trailer Villa in Redwood City

This is close to the Silicon Valley area right off 101, with easy access to the Bay Front expressway (84).

Trailer Villa RV Park - Home

The front 3/4 of the park are fixed trailers and park homes, but the back three or four rows are relatively large 50-amp full hookup pull-throughs for RVs.
Guanaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:23 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guanaco View Post
This is close to the Silicon Valley area right off 101, with easy access to the Bay Front expressway (84).

Trailer Villa RV Park - Home

The front 3/4 of the park are fixed trailers and park homes, but the back three or four rows are relatively large 50-amp full hookup pull-throughs for RVs.
We've stayed there before. We'd go there again.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:30 AM   #18

There are a few in the Valejo aria and the ferry to fishermans warf is the fastest on the bay.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:54 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Marin RV at Greenbrae worked for us
Ferry into San Fran each day.
Great place to base from
Old 07-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post
There are a few in the Valejo aria and the ferry to fishermans warf is the fastest on the bay.
x2

Stayed at Sonoma County Fairgrounds. Wish we had stayed in Vallejo. The ferry from there was the best hassle-free way to get to downtown SF.
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:50 PM   #21

We used Pacifica about a decade ago with a 32' Class A. It was tight! We came there after being at the one near Candlestick. Next time I will be using Half Moon Bay RV park to the south and Marin RV to the north.
biosensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #22

if you don't mind an hour and a half to the city, we saw a great park last weekend that's nestled in the trees .... real camping environment ..
quite nice ... and really nice folks .....
Welcome to Smithwoods RV Park
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's another alternative that works very well Welcome to The Fair Park RV This park is located at the Alameda Fairgrounds in Pleasanton, CA, which is about 40 miles from SF. However what makes it so convenient is it is about a 3 mile drive to the nearest BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) station, which takes you right into SF (you actually travel in a tube beneath the SF Bay) so you avoid all the automobile traffic.

Most of the large rig sites are grass, with FHU 50 amp, but no cable. Back-in 40' sites are $35.00/night, and 80' pull-throughs are $50.00/night.

There are a lot of open green areas for dog walking/playing, walking/biking trails, close by shopping and excellent restaurants in the area.

I was born and raised in SF, and lived in Pleasanton for 15 years.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:40 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
BobGad, I live very close by, and the Pleasanton downtown, a short distance from the Fairgrounds RV park, is very nice with good shopping and restaurants. Also, Pleasanton is a very safe town, and as you said, just 3 miles from BART. BART costs about $12 for a round trip, and takes about an hour to get to the city. There is a direct line there so no switching trains. Once in San Francisco, it is about a mile to AT&T park one direction, or you can go the other direction by foot (a nice but long walk along the waterfront) or by vintage trolleys to the Exploratorium, Pier 39, the Aquarium, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square, the Maritime Museum, and the Cable Cars. If you drive in, wait until about 9am to avoid commute traffic. Have a great visit!

2013 Itasca Sunstar 26HE, 2014 Honda CRV with Roadmaster tow package, RVing on weekends and vacation since June 2012
Old 09-24-2014, 02:50 PM   #25

Last time I was in SF I stayed at Marin Park RV , not too bad . Real close to the high speed ferry . I park my rv and get around on my bike , are there any other parks in this area I should be looking at ? Keeping in mind I'm using my bicycle for transport .
Tks
Old 09-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49north View Post
Last time I was in SF I stayed at Marin Park RV , not too bad . Real close to the high speed ferry . I park my rv and get around on my bike , are there any other parks in this area I should be looking at ? Keeping in mind I'm using my bicycle for transport .
Tks
Not to keep pushing the RV park in Pleasanton, but it's very close to a BART station and they do allow bikes on the trains Bikes on BART | bart.gov I lived in Pleasanton when I used to train for triathlons, and there are some great bicycle riding areas. You can go north and climb Mt Diablo, south to Calaveras or even further to Mt Hamilton in San Jose and east over the Altamont or into Del Valle park in Livermore.

There is also the Iron Horse Trail Iron Horse Regional Trail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that you can ride from Pleasanton to Walnut Creek and Concord.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #27

I second the KOA in Petaluma CA you can drive back down the road and take a ferry over to San Francisco. Very nice, do not remember costs.
CCFROMFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:06 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSkinner View Post
Marin RV at Greenbrae worked for us
Ferry into San Fran each day.
Great place to base from
I have to second this park. Have stayed at
1 Petaluma KOA OFTEN 1 hr drive back to the city.
2. Candlestick RV Park for 2 months wife had temp job near Stanford. Loved taking BART to work.
3. Pacific RV Park 30 min drive back to the city.

We just found Marin RV in Greenbrae last month. Great for driving back inti the city. Or a short walk to bus or ferry. There is another park about 3 or 4 blocks away from Marin but much tighter spaces.