Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2021, 12:06 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Santa Cruz Recovery - Trip Report

After casts and physical therapy due to a broken wrist, a visit to Santa Cruz was just what the doctor ordered!
Al & Deb

https://mobilemosers.com/2021/11/27/...-recovery-135/

macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2021, 03:18 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Nice write-up. I usually stay north if Bodega Bay for my coastal forays, but your reports have made me re-think that.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:11 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Santa Cruz Recovery - Trip Report

Thanks. We love the coast north of here, too, but find the Monterey bay from Santa Cruz to Monterey an easy and fun trip for us. Great beaches, nice beach towns and good places to eat. Hope you get to explore them!
Old 11-30-2021, 04:22 PM   #4

Sound like a great place to visit. Thanks for the write up.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:19 PM   #5

Great trip report -- glad to see that you are back in the saddle. Safe travels, and enjoy those beautiful new bikes!
Old 11-30-2021, 05:32 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks, it’s great to be camping again…in fact as I write this!
Old 12-03-2021, 09:55 AM   #7

Thanks for the trip report. We also enjoy the Monterey Bay areas and north coast areas. We were at New Brighton in October and Bodega Dunes & Wright's Beach since then.

I didn't even recognize the beach at Seacliff until you explained the high tide. Wow.

My only gripe is Santa Cruz is not very dog friendly. Monterey County is much better if the pooch is along.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:11 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Three great places! Also agree about Monterey being more dog friendly than Santa Cruz. The Pismo area is also pretty dog friendly.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Three great places! Also agree about Monterey being more dog friendly than Santa Cruz. The Pismo area is also pretty dog friendly.

Aw, good to know. We have a site booked in Pismo SB next year. It will be our first visit to that area.

Thanks.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:00 PM   #10

Early in the pandemic we used our coach for relaxing day trips between Half Moon Bay, and Santa Cruz. Was great to park on the cliffs and read a book with the feet up. Kept us from getting cabin-fever.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:23 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Half Moon Bay to Santa Cruz is one of the most beautiful drives I know of. We also love all the pullouts looking over the pacific. No matter what size of a motorhome you have, you can pull over and enjoy the view for awhile. I can see how it lifted your spirits!
Old 12-03-2021, 10:25 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
Aw, good to know. We have a site booked in Pismo SB next year. It will be our first visit to that area.

Thanks.

Just north of Avila beach is a fantastic dog park on the beach. During certain hours you can take your dog on Pismo beach south of the pier. I think your dog will enjoy it!
Old 12-10-2021, 11:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Thanks for posting your latest adventure. My daughter lives in the East Bay so we are always looking for new places nearby.

We spent a few days in Cayucos (just south of Cambria) last week and really liked the town. Also very dog friendly.

In Fremont, they've just opened the Dumbarton Quarry Campground. It was a nice surprise and is very convenient for us when we visit our daughter. Check out my writeup in the reviews section.
Old 12-11-2021, 09:57 AM   #14

Enjoyed your write up of Santa Cruz. I have several friends who live there and it is always a great place to visit.

We stayed in our DP at Santa Cruz Redwoods RV park, in Felton. Beautiful park with sites surrounded by large redwoods. Short trip in the toad down route 9 to SC, but the MH has to use Graham Hill Rd for access.

Back in the 70s, I camped in my VW bus while visiting my friends in SC. Went to see the Doobie Brothers play at the Town & Country Inn in Ben Lomond. Never forget it! The Inn is now an antique store that the wife and I visited on our last trip. Looked the same, but of course, it was full of "stuff."

Love your reports, and Santa Cruz is a wonderful place.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover