Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2019, 09:42 AM   #1

Savannah in January

I realize that it’s getting late in the year, but any good recommendations for campgrounds near Savannah, Georgia?

We will be in Asheville in December and we’re thinking about Savannah in January and St Augustine in February.
raeburn2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2019, 09:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeburn2000 View Post
I realize that it’s getting late in the year, but any good recommendations for campgrounds near Savannah, Georgia?

We will be in Asheville in December and we’re thinking about Savannah in January and St Augustine in February.

Pricey, but one of the finest RV Parks on the East Coast. It's located on Hilton Head Island. The sites are owned by individuals and some put theirs in the rental pool.

https://www.hhimotorcoachresort.com/

There is also River's End CG on Tybee Island. Sites are tight and watch out for the bugs. The CG is run by the city, but you will deal with local folks for reservations, etc. A pretty location a few blocks from the water. Don't miss the turn off to the campground as you will end up the section of town where streets are very narrow. Street signs are on 4 foot concrete posts that are very difficult to read, not to mention, find. Don't ask me how I know.
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:49 PM   #3

Quote:

We stayed at Red Gate Campground in Savannah last November for 3 nights and loved it. The dogs loved seeing the horses and goats that live on the property. Beautiful surroundings and the staff were very nice.

Red Gate Campground - Rv Park, Horseback Trail Rides, Propane Filling
VideoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:18 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
One of our all time favorites is Skidaway Island State Park. https://gastateparks.org/SkidawayIsland
Old 07-06-2019, 05:17 PM   #5

Here are some recommendations for Savannah with awesome photos. Also, if you go to the very top line you'll see a 'clicky' for 'US Camping' and you can find Asheville and perhaps other places you'd be interested in:

https://wheelingit.us/?s=savannah
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:15 PM   #6

Quote:

Ashville in December will be very cold. We are in the area quite a bit, but never later than Nov 1. Savannah will not be toasty in January but a lot better than Asheville. We visit friends and relatives at least twice a year in St Augustine. It will be warmer there in Feb than your other destinations. We will stop there for 2 - 4 weeks before heading south for the winter. Be sure to visit Ned's Restaurant for home cooking. There are fancier and higher priced places but no better food. For a fun hour check Spanish Main Antiques. You can spend an easy hour there just looking as it could almost be called a museum.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:00 AM   #7

We recently stayed at Creekfire Motor Ranch and here are my blog comments - "We closed up shop and got on the road about 10:15 for 105 mile run from Savannah up to the Charleston area but first some thoughts on Savannah's Creek Fire Motor Ranch. They refer to themselves as a resort but they have a way to go to get there but I believe they will. The place has only been open for about 18 months and they mostly concrete pads with all good utilities except for a terrible WiFi. Check in was friendly and efficient and they provided a nice packet of information. The pool area was nice but the hot tub was nearly unusable due to the chlorine amount in the water. They don’t offer cable TV but some sites have a Direct TV dish that requires using a box provided by them – not an issue since we have our own dish. It’s about a 25 minute drive into downtown via I-95 and I-16 but there are many stores and restaurants near the resort - if ever again in the area I would stay there."
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote