Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #1

Sedona AZ to Longview TX

Traveling from Sedona to Longview. Leaving Sedona early on the 21st of December and plan to stay the night in the Santa Rosa/Tucumcari area. Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best place to stay?

Also on a separate but slightly related note....
will be spending the night at relatives homes in Carollton Texas and Longview Texas. I will want/need to dump my tanks prior to those stops. Is anyone aware of dump sites along the way?

Steve
scrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #2

I stayed at Santa Rosa Campground and RV Park in 2008 and I had no problems or concerns. It is on an Historic 66 road so I liked that.

You could dump at the Flying J in Wichita Falls- about 3 hours out of DFW area. Otherwise, you could call Sandy Lake RV Park in Carrollton and ask how much they would charge you to let you dump there.

Check the forecast as the Texas panhandle can get icy.
Safe Travels!
PatrickJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:22 PM   #3

The Route 66 Auto Museum in Santa Rosa also has some RV spots usually. If you're just planning an overnight and you are comfortable with it, there are truck stops in the area also.
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:51 PM   #4

Cabelas has two Stores near Carollton, one in North Fort Worth at I-35 and Highway 170, one in Allen off US 75 between Stacy Road and Exchange. Both have RV dump stations for a small fee.