Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2018, 06:12 AM   #1

Share your Top 5 FIVE National Parks

Let’s share our - TOP 5 – Not 6 – Not 10 – only 5 (FIVE) - National Parks Think about it if you could visit only 5 spots – which would you, choose?
Likely these are revisits – places that are filled with Memories, maybe even share a story or two.
After 8 pages on Campfires and 6 on Dog Poop, thought I might try to see if we could talk about the Great RV Experiences we have had.

Only FIVE (5) – MY Five;
1. Yellowstone
2. Glacier
3. North Rim
4. Zion
5. Rocky Mountain

Yellowstone because it is the Biggest, the First and the Best, Just is, I’ve been going for 50 years, and have watched the changes – the crowds – the Sheer Beauty and Variety. There truly, is nothing else like it on Earth. You can just do the Loops, just see Old Faithful, but if you get out of the Car – if you Hike just a little, the sights you will see, the things you will never forget. Yes it is now Crowded, but it always has been, but IMHO that is part of the Draw – Watching the People, Seeing the Kids, just look into their eyes, feel the excitement they have it is truly Contagious.

Glacier, where do you find Rocks like you find there? Going to the Sun Road – Epic – the Lakes, the Color of the Water, just the Pure Wildness of the Area, everything about Glacier will pull you in. Eye Candy at every turn, For me I carry a Chair so I can pull off, sit back and just soak it all in. Without the Chair I get a Kink in my Neck, always looking - always having to Look UP – never long enough. Short season, makes it even more desirable.

North Rim – Just because of the Lodge and all the Positive trips we have had to the North Rim – I Just Love it. Many think that it does not provide a Grand View – Might not be as Grand as the South Side but it is Surely GRAND. And to watch the clouds rise out in the Morning, to catch a snow storm in June……….again to watch – see the excitement on the faces of the Kids when the see it……….. Plus what a beautiful area to drive in and around, I just love it.

Zion – For me this is My Winter destination – not really much for riding the Bus – so when things quiet down – when it might snow or get cooler – Zion is just special – Some of my best memories are here – Angels Landings – Walters Wiggle’s – they are just special – I even have enjoyed the Lodge and the Meals there with the fireplace. To lie on the Hood of the Toad and stair up at the Stars in the Canyon…..really just a special Place.

RMNP – while it, like Yellowstone, has become over Loved – it still is special – the hikes –the places you can go – Yes, Estes is a Zoo – but the drive over Trail Ridge, to Grand Lake is special – the ability to get away from the crowds is still possible and those are some really great Rocks. Again just get out of the Car put your feet on the ground and walk around, hike up, bring a Chair and Soak it all in, Special.

There you go I started it now let’s see if we have nearly as much interest in the Real Reason we RV as we have on Camp Fires and Dog Poop.

Sorry but…………………….when I find something I don’t like I just get the wheels on the Bus to go round – round – round………..
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
1. Yellowstone
2. Glacier NP

3. Northern Rockies in Alberta Canada
4. Grand Canyon
5. Grand Tetons

IggyTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:30 PM   #3

Yellowstone, Yosemite, Rocky Mountain, Great Smoky Mountain, Grand Teton
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
#1 - Zion
#2 - Yellowstone
#3 - Volcano (Hawaii)
#4 - Death Valley
#5 - Yosemite
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:54 PM   #5

Not all are parks but some portion of them are owned or operated or protected by the ntl park service.

1. Arlington National Cemetery and the ntl Mall in dc, counting as one even though there are lots of memorials and such there that could be counted alone.
2. National Civil Rights Museum Memphis Tn
3. Devils Tower
$. Canyonlands
5. Dry Tortugas (hard to get to in an rv but sailing to it is close enough to rving to count.

Everyone in the US should make an effort to spend a few days in DC and set aside at least one day to visit Arlington.

Civil rights museum is a reminder that 1968 was only 50 years ago. There are still people alive today who were adults then who could be in photographs there either enduring unfairness or dishing out evil. It would not hurt for many to go see it and be reminded of just how screwed up we were as country and inspired to be better humans to each other regardless of color.

Devils Tower amazing and has a lot of interesting stories and is church(not the right word i think but the closest i can think of to describe how important it is to some native american cultures) like to many people. Tread lightly. Treat it like you want a visitor to treat the church you choose to go to every week.

Canyonland is just pretty.

Dry Tortugas becausse it takes a fair amount of effort to get to and if you go by boat and stay the night you get to see it afterhours when all the tourist leave on the seaplanes and ferries. Sunset at that Fort is worth the effort to get there.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:54 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Glacier NP
Yellowstone NP
Grand Canyon NP
Grand Tetons NP
Acadia NP

We need more than 5

Have to include:

Bryce NP
Zion NP
Everglades NP
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:56 PM   #7

1. Bryce
2. Arches
3. Grand Teton
4. Yellowstone
5. Big Bend
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Let’s share our - TOP 5 – Not 6 – Not 10 – only 5 (FIVE) - National Parks Think about it if you could visit only 5 spots – which would you, choose?
Likely these are revisits – places that are filled with Memories, maybe even share a story or two.
After 8 pages on Campfires and 6 on Dog Poop, thought I might try to see if we could talk about the Great RV Experiences we have had.

Only FIVE (5) – MY Five;
1. Yellowstone
2. Glacier
3. North Rim
4. Zion
5. Rocky Mountain

Yellowstone because it is the Biggest, the First and the Best, Just is, I’ve been going for 50 years, and have watched the changes – the crowds – the Sheer Beauty and Variety. There truly, is nothing else like it on Earth. You can just do the Loops, just see Old Faithful, but if you get out of the Car – if you Hike just a little, the sights you will see, the things you will never forget. Yes it is now Crowded, but it always has been, but IMHO that is part of the Draw – Watching the People, Seeing the Kids, just look into their eyes, feel the excitement they have it is truly Contagious.

Glacier, where do you find Rocks like you find there? Going to the Sun Road – Epic – the Lakes, the Color of the Water, just the Pure Wildness of the Area, everything about Glacier will pull you in. Eye Candy at every turn, For me I carry a Chair so I can pull off, sit back and just soak it all in. Without the Chair I get a Kink in my Neck, always looking - always having to Look UP – never long enough. Short season, makes it even more desirable.

North Rim – Just because of the Lodge and all the Positive trips we have had to the North Rim – I Just Love it. Many think that it does not provide a Grand View – Might not be as Grand as the South Side but it is Surely GRAND. And to watch the clouds rise out in the Morning, to catch a snow storm in June……….again to watch – see the excitement on the faces of the Kids when they see it……….. Plus what a beautiful area to drive in and around, I just love it.

Zion – For me this is My Winter destination – not really much for riding the Bus – so when things quiet down – when it might snow or get cooler – Zion is just special – Some of my best memories are here – Angels Landings – Walters Wiggle’s – they are just special – I even have enjoyed the Lodge and the Meals there with the fireplace. To lie on the Hood of the Toad and stair up at the Stars in the Canyon…..really just a special Place.

RMNP – while it, like Yellowstone, has become over Loved – it still is special – the hikes –the places you can go – Yes, Estes is a Zoo – but the drive over Trail Ridge, to Grand Lake is special – the ability to get away from the crowds is still possible and those are some really great Rocks. Again just get out of the Car put your feet on the ground and walk around, hike up, bring a Chair and Soak it all in, Special.

There you go I started it now let’s see if we have nearly as much interest in the Real Reason we RV as we have on Camp Fires and Dog Poop.

Sorry but…………………….when I find something I don’t like I just get the wheels on the Bus to go round – round – round………..
Please take a minute and tell us what you love about your FIVE (5)
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
1. Bryce
2. Arches
3. Grand Teton
4. Yellowstone
5. Big Bend
edited as to 'why' as suggested by Busskipper…

We are hikers and 4 are excellent hiking parks and Yellowstone has the interesting critters.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national