Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2022, 06:03 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
You said it yourself, "I know its very subjective..."

How can it be answered? Then you ask "What type of campers...", you talking about the RV itself or the RVer?

well yes the rv itself.
boiledowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2022, 06:46 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiledowl View Post
well yes the rv itself.
Well that is where I thought the statement was odd... the RV does not care about a slope, more so the absorption reefer, but the RVer could. Myself, I need my head at the same or slightly higher than my feet when I sleep, I do notice the slightest tilt.
Now back to you referring to the RV minding the slope, if you have a bubble level and over one foot, you had to raise the level end one inch on the longitudinal axis of the RV, then on a 30 foot RV, one end would need to raise 30 inches from the other. That is how slope could affect and RV.... not that it actually minds, mind you.
Just like the photos in post #22, in that instance, I would have parked in the other way so it would be less precarious.
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 09:36 AM   #45

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Dog View Post
Hotels are usually level.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:57 AM   #46

My small Class A is always 3" low in the front which is no big deal but the other day I found it to be an advantage at a site that was on an incline, I just turned around with the front pointing uphill which reduced the amount I needed to block to a minimum, the other way I could never have done it.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 11:38 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchemie View Post
I thought that leveling your rig or trailer was part of the camping experience. Just like plugging it in, hooking up water & sewer lines. And bugs.
I don't mind plugging in. even if that #$%% 50 amp cord weighs a ton. But those sewer lines. Oh my aching knees and back. And I have two drain ports. Lol
Klieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 12:21 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSpor View Post
On the other hand, trailers with jacks on the front can adapt much, much easier. Here's an extreme example. This was in North Carolina:

.... just wondering .... do you always carry concrete blocks with you? That would be a rariety. I wouldn't stay on that site and go through the leveling with that many concrete blocks. Ridiculous! I assume since a car is parked there you're either a local seasonal or you have two drivers when moving.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 02:26 PM   #49

I saw a fiver at Isle Du Bois Park above Dallas, Tx that looked like right after they got to the site (maybe before if they had the same site before), they took a trip to Home Depot for all the cinder blocks and lumber.

They might have been volunteers at the park as they also had a lot of "stuff" long termers would have.... so picking an extremely unlevel site for the location most likely took priority
Psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 08:19 PM   #50

This site has lots of slope, high in the back and low in the front. Doesn't show well in the pic but you can see the erosion to give you an idea of how the water has been flowing thru it. I put all the blocks I had under the front tires and was still a couple of inches or more shy of being level, but it worked for the one night i was there. Last site, Bessy Campground, Nebraska Nat Forest, Halsey, NE after the solar eclipse.

Charles

Old 09-08-2022, 09:34 AM   #51

This is why I carry a little shovel, very handy to dig in the high side.
Refill hole on the way out.
CapeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 06:12 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Miller View Post
Part of being an RVer is knowing how to level up your rig.

not asking how to level the rv.
boiledowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 06:20 AM   #53

I was surprised this summer when staying at Prairie Flower Army Corp Campground in Des Moines, Iowa.
Some of the sites would be unusable for me. I got lucky and got one that was ok.
Look at my video, some of the sites are very steep and unlevel for a larger RV

https://youtu.be/kxkyhMBW0Ss
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 06:42 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiledowl View Post
not asking how to level the rv.
Funny how these threads drift all over the place, huh?
Old 09-09-2022, 09:17 PM   #55

The longer the rig the more a front to back pitch is going to affect it. Physics. Much greater distance from wheels to jacks.
Triangle Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light