Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2018, 06:55 AM   #1

South Carolina

Heading to SC in middle of May to look for a possible retirement home.
Any campground recommendations? We would like to purchase in the area of Myrtle beach north down to Pawleys 10-15 min inland.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2018, 07:03 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Heading to SC in middle of May to look for a possible retirement home.

Any campground recommendations? We would like to purchase in the area of Myrtle beach north down to Pawleys 10-15 min inland.

We have only ever been to Pirateland in may many times. There are three campgrounds in a row there right on the beach. Very nice.

Rick
Old 03-15-2018, 07:27 AM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
South Carolina

Huntington Beach state park. It’s between Pawleys Island and Murrells Inlet on 17. Somewhat out of the rush and convenient. Usually stays busy that time of year. Best to have reservations.
mhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:31 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well for SHORT TERM. IF you get a Thousand Trails Zone Pass you get 2 weeks in one out at their Myrtle Beach "Preserve" (Never been there but do have a friend who works there).

Frankly start by going to Google and : Camping, myrtle beach SC

As for me.. I'm on the other end of the state (Oconee County).

NOTE TT may offer long term parking as well. Give 'em a call Google wil give you the phone.

Where as Iv enot been to this park and it is a different branch where my membership will not work, the TT parks I've been in (Across the land) for the most part are in need of some TLC (Work) and they are slowly doing it, For example in the last few years the park I'm at not had a swimming pool rebuilt and the park I'll be at in July it is supposed to be finished by then. (No bets) staff is small. but of all the parks I've stayed at (many) They are the friendliest I've met. For me this makes up for the other issues. Many parks are older and mostly 30 anms and often a bit er,, anemic on 30.. So if parking long term try to pick a sight carefully . The park Im in now the 50 amp sites are good. and a few 30's near the top of the "A" section ... .but there is a story there.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:51 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I’m not sure what the tt zone pass costs, but I do know that you can get a tt platinum membership on the used market for about 1 k plus transfer of 550. These are national passes good for 3 weeks in and back to back parks. If you find 2 parks near each other in a area you like you can bounce between the parks and stay for free, indefinitely.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:18 PM   #6

I'm just looking for a campground for a week or so while we house hunt.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:18 PM   #7

X2for Huntington state park.You should not have a problem getting a site in mid may and only 15 minuets to Pawlleys there’s actually a paved bike trail that takes u to Pawlyes and litchfield.It depends on what u need ocean lakes and many more campgrounds around Myrtle Beach have more amenities.As far as house hunting we like Murrells Inlet south but to each their own.
Lkmurrytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:20 PM   #8

Bucksport Marina Conway 843.397.5566

A little further south, Buck Hall NFS Avendaw (877) 444-6777

I don't know anything about them; they're just on my list.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:05 PM   #9

Ocean Lakes, Myrtle Beach, is very nice.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:10 PM   #10

Try Edisto State Park. Its right on the beach . Just south of Charleston
ghawkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:33 PM   #11

I fully reccommend either Huntington Beach or Myrtle Beach State Parks. Both are close to Murrells Inlet albeit coming from opposite ends. Huntington is in final stages of adding 40+ new FHU sites which may be available in your timeframe.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:22 PM   #12

Ocean Lakes is a big campground with a lot of homes that the campground will manage for you if you want to rent it out. We love it there. It's big and has a pool, water slides, recreation center, grocery store, snack bar and laundry. It's right along the beach and you can run your dogs off leash most of the year. The area gets very crowded in the summers though.