Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #1

Southern arizona rv parks

I would like some input on RV parks south of Tucson all the way to San Carlos, Sonora. There used to be one in Santa Ana but don't know if the old boy is still in business. Thanks
Dano52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #2

Cartel violence has somewhat shifted (has always been throughout the country but there has been an intensity shift) down towards Sinaloa and Sonora recently. To get to San Carlos you have to go through Hermosillo where they have daily beheadings and bodies piling up on street corners, then when you get to San Carlos you are in the middle of disputed territory. It's not what it used to be, do yourself a favor and stay out of Mexico for the time being. Trust me when I tell you that the public here in the US only hears about maybe 1% of what goes on down there. People that have been down there before have a false sense of security and are increasingly becoming statistics.

Now, staying in AZ and south of Tucson I really enjoy the Tombstone Territories RV Resort in Huachuca City. Close enough to Tombstone, Bisbee, Kartchner Caverns, and many other things to do during day trips yet outside civilization enough to smell the roses. The facilities and staff are great and I really recommend it. Good luck.
Yellowreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #3

I appreciate your input but can't believe you think bodies are piled on street corners in Hermosillo (the birthplace of my grandfather). I know that when traveling in Mexico you MUST be smart and very aware of your surroundings, much like certain areas in the USA We must be careful to not paint an entire area of a country with such a broad stroke.
Thanks for your southern Arizona information
Dano
Old 12-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #4

Leaving San Carlos Sonora after eight great days of boon docking on a desert beach. People and roads in Sonora are great! Unfortunately have to head back north to earn more money to travel again. Happy new year all!
Dano
Old 12-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danodaman View Post
I appreciate your input but can't believe you think bodies are piled on street corners in Hermosillo (the birthplace of my grandfather). I know that when traveling in Mexico you MUST be smart and very aware of your surroundings, much like certain areas in the USA We must be careful to not paint an entire area of a country with such a broad stroke.
Thanks for your southern Arizona information
Dano
Belive yellowreef killings are taking place in and around Hermosillo. I live only 40+ miles from the border and I assure you we hear and see much more than what makes the news. Our closest border crossing is Polomas. The entire police force fled across the border to get away from the cartels, bodies have been found in the plaza and a friend of ours, a dentist, was kidnapped over a year ago and has not been herd of since. Go if you must but its hard to have a low profile driving a motor hom are pulling a fiver or trailer. By the way my daughter was the first USA, Gringa married in Kino Bay.
bluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #6

Last year Arizona had more than 400 murders, California more than 2500. Should we also fear taking our RVs to those states?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danodaman View Post
Last year Arizona had more than 400 murders, California more than 2500. Should we also fear taking our RVs to those states?
In this country you can take steps to protect your family if you choose. Our police are by far less corrupt and certinally more prompt in providing assistance. we had a wreck 20 miles south of Nogales took over 4 hours for the Federal Police to show up, they didn't want to even write an accident report since the other vehicle had fled the scene. Charged $100.00 to get a report.They were more interested in buying the new Ford F-150 for $200.00. Bet that dosen't happen often in CA or AZ. Once at Umoris (sp) we watched the Fedral Police at a check point poke holes in an elderly couples trailer with ice picks looking for hidden compartments. None of these stopped us from going to Mexico. I know some police, local city, in the small villages that are honest good people and have really helped us over the years. It was in the late 1980's we first saw what was happening in MX. When between every other corn stalk there was a pot plant growing.in the rural area we traveled, road from Hermosilloto El Novillo. We figured our trips were then nearly over. By 2000 the 25 of us quit going.
bluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #8

Or rednecks