Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2011, 05:18 AM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spring Break (Disney & Naples, FL)

We just returned from a great week in Florida. We spent a couple days at Fort Wilderness. The first time we have camped there and my kids loved it! The remainder of the week was spend in Naples, FL.

It was sure hard to come back to PA...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01119.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	8967   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01131.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	8968  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01160.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	8969   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01202.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	8970  

ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2011, 05:55 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
glad u had fun where did you stay in naples ? hey how was ft wirlderness ? i heard it was pretty pricey , what did it run? an your thoughts thanks dave
Old 03-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
OK, I'm jealous. Stuck here in 'winter wonderland'. Had about 8" of wind driven snow over the last 48 hours.

We love Ft Wilderness, and yes it's expensive. We wouldn't go over spring break, however, to avoid both the peak prices and crowds, although we realized those of you with school age kids may have no choice.

We have reservations in December for a 'Premium' pet loop site. If I remember correctly its about $73 per night. You can save some money on smaller sites farther away from the facilities, but the time of year makes a big difference.

We couldn't afford to live there, but consider it worth every penny for a week of vacation. It's one of the best parks you'll ever visit.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We live 80 miles North of Disney and don't get there as much as we like. The Fort is very pricey, and you get to pay for everything else you want to do there.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Thinking of Fort Wilderness "without" kids. Is it a good place for older folks?
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Yes, we have several friends who love it and are retired. It is pricey, we normally opt for a cheaper park elsewhere (Deer Creek with PA) and drive in. But if you don't mind the price then go for it. You can pretty much park the toad (or go without) using the shuttles.

Bob
Old 03-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In my opinion, you get what you pay for at Fort Wilderness. The park was spotless. The bath houses we super clean and modern. The sites are cleaned before you arrive. Transportation to the other parks.

This was the first time we stayed there are were placed in the 1600 loop. The price for Saturday night was $100 and Sunday & Monday were $97. We ended up leaving a day early as the kids were ready to head to their grandparents. We left our site @ 3:30pm on Sunday. Stopped at the office to let them know we were checking out and she refunded that nights charge even though check out is 11am! Very nice in my book.

As for Naples, we stay at my parents winter home and pay to park the RV in a storage lot. There are several parks near Naples so good and some not that good.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
We've never had kids. Been to Ft Wilderness many times. It's far and away our favorite Disney resort.

No kids required (although my wife may tell you she travels with one).
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #9

We've been there many times without kids and really love it . But the trip this april 27 to the Fort will be really great. We're taking the DD and her DH and 2 kids (ages 6 and 7). It's her husband and kids first time. They'll be riding down with us but have a cabin when we arrive. Just can't wait!!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
with or without kids the best place to stay for my money is fort wilderness. have been there many times and everytime i leave i'm just figuring on how i can get back!
poorfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #11

Glad you had a great time and I'm counting my days. We leave Ontario Canada Apr 7th for 3 wks. First of the trip is at Fort Wildernes. We were there last year. No question it's pricey ( I think our reservation is about a 100 a night) but place is spotless and more importantly my 3yr and 6 yr old have fun. We have booked nothing other than Cirque Du Soleil tickets one night. Theres alot to do just in the campground. From there we go to Pelican Lake Motorcoach resort just outside Marco Island for 2 weeks and its great. Its about the same price as Disney but a great place.

Jon
jbilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:21 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Jon you have got to do the hoopdeedoo review! It is awesome very relaxing after parks. Good food, good entertainment, and you will laugh, and your kids will love it!
Uber_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:26 AM   #13

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbilling View Post
Glad you had a great time and I'm counting my days. We leave Ontario Canada Apr 7th for 3 wks. First of the trip is at Fort Wildernes. We were there last year. No question it's pricey ( I think our reservation is about a 100 a night) but place is spotless and more importantly my 3yr and 6 yr old have fun. We have booked nothing other than Cirque Du Soleil tickets one night. Theres alot to do just in the campground. From there we go to Pelican Lake Motorcoach resort just outside Marco Island for 2 weeks and its great. Its about the same price as Disney but a great place.

Jon

My parents used to own a lot in Pelican before they purchased a winter home in Naples. Very nice park!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Pelican is awesome, probably the nicest place we have stayed. Having said that, we love Ft. Wilderness, also another of our favorites!