Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #1

Stepford Camping

Pulled into an RV park found on the internet for a quick overnight between destinations. It was a bit pricey but not many options in the area, Breckenridge CO. Arrived at our site in our nice but old class C and were received poorly to say the least by the residents. Turned out the "campground" was a high end resort for high end motor homes (counted 20 new Prevost motor coaches in our small section of the park) towing new Jeeps which seemed the toad of choice. The minimal issue was had to pull the picnic table up close to our RV to keep the older kids from bike racing past our front door.
Now I understand that if you spend $1,000,000 + for an RV you expect a certain environment - but please let me know that I am not an acceptable part of the environment instead of unacceptable, petty and rude behavior (not all issues have been indicated). Could have left, but didn't want to give the residents the satisfaction.
The Stepford in the title refers to the old movie which this park reminded me of. So, how many have been in Stepford and how many approve of Stepford?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Always hate to hear about this kind of thing. I truly do not know how I would react to this, as I have not had it happen to me (yet?). But you are not the first or most likley the last member
so47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We have been in a couple parks when had our fiver(it was fairly new) and had someone in a real high end coach come in and park amongst us lower end RVers. Only one guy with a older Prevost thought his didn't stink. After a few rude remarks from him everyone around ignored him. He left the next day. It is a sad state of affairs when what you drive supposedly makes you a better person.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry if you were made to feel uncomfortable, but, fact of life, there will always be those who look down on others. If you pulled into that park with "basic" outfitted Prevost, those who have an "upper" level Prevost will look down on you. Got one of my better laughs when a high end owner came over to my then "lowly" class C Coachman at a park here in Vegas and ask me how to get his refrigerator started. Oh, BTW, I did help him get it going and let with a quite smile.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, ford