Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2021, 09:47 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post
You're right, I'll let it go, and I'm not really trying to make a big deal. Just a discussion on the nature of the way RV campgrounds are going these days. You guys have a good time, though I still wouldn't trade spots with you

By the way I live at the beach so I tend to go inland when I camp. Been to Havasu many many times with my boat, I'll bet it's really low now. We need to get some rain pronto!

We have a lot there and bring the boat as well. I'll bet the lake level is within 2' of what it normally is. They have to keep it that way for the intakes that pump to L.A. Mead continues to fall so they've added a deeper intake farther from the dam so they can still generate power. Monsoons over Az. will help a little but mostly for the Imperial Valley and places close to that. Sorry, don't want to get too off topic.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2021, 09:20 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
We have a lot there and bring the boat as well. I'll bet the lake level is within 2' of what it normally is. They have to keep it that way for the intakes that pump to L.A. Mead continues to fall so they've added a deeper intake farther from the dam so they can still generate power. Monsoons over Az. will help a little but mostly for the Imperial Valley and places close to that. Sorry, don't want to get too off topic.
On the Arizona side across and north from Black Meadow Landing, there was a cove I used to always camp in. I forgot the name of it, but it was big enough that you could actually water-ski in it when the rest of the lake was blown out. I was wondering if that cove was dry now? I really don't think it was that deep, and if they lost three feet or so it might be dry or almost dry.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 09:46 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Probably been dry for a long time but you could check Google Maps to see.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:10 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
Probably been dry for a long time but you could check Google Maps to see.
I found it, it's called Standard Wash. I haven't been out there in many years, but it used to be our go-to camping spot. We'd park at Black Meadow, then cruise over there in the boats and camp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210714-090523_Maps.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	419.9 KB
ID:	335948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210714-090540_Maps.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	588.8 KB
ID:	335949  

tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags