RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2020, 12:56 PM   #1
NXR

Sun RV still has Florida spots available for Jan-Apr 2021 with a 3-month minimum

In case you're still looking.

https://www.sunrvresorts.com/zephyrh...r-savings-eng/

I have no affiliation with them other than having stayed at a few of their spots.

Rainbow Village Zephyrhills is liked by multiple couples we know. It's usually filled up so the lack of Canadians seems to be making a big negative impact, in more ways than one.

Ray
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2020, 02:43 PM   #2

Dade City's not a bad place to be in the winter. Be sure to check max length.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:52 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I've been getting emails and phone calls from places we have stayed in AZ and FL in the past asking if we would like to stay this year , "they have a great space for us" . We bought a lot in Florida and are not looking but it's an indication of openings. State parks and Weekend spots may be filling up but the long term winter snowbird locations are not! esp since so far no Canadians are allowed to leave. Many of the US folks we know in the resort that we are in are not traveling south this year. Concerned about covid.
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:15 PM   #4
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
I've been getting emails and phone calls from places we have stayed in AZ and FL in the past asking if we would like to stay this year , "they have a great space for us" . We bought a lot in Florida and are not looking but it's an indication of openings. State parks and Weekend spots may be filling up but the long term winter snowbird locations are not! esp since so far no Canadians are allowed to leave. Many of the US folks we know in the resort that we are in are not traveling south this year. Concerned about covid.
If the resorts want to fill up they'll drop that 3-month or 2-month minimum nonsense. There are a lot of people starting out this year who do not want to get stuck in a bad place for three months. We still don't.

Ray
Old 10-15-2020, 04:05 AM   #5

Unless there is some miracle cure before early January we are not going south this year. Still have reservations, we'll see.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:44 PM   #6
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Dog View Post
Unless there is some miracle cure before early January we are not going south this year. Still have reservations, we'll see.
That's a good plan. We have friends that canceled early and now wish they had not. Both my wife and I are "at risk" for the usual old person reasons but we're cautious and not panicked. Our friends were panicked and canceled well before their "full refund" date.

There won't be a miracle cure so we continue to watch the numbers and they're astonishingly low to us. These are the current numbers for the Florida counties where we'll be staying. The 2019 population numbers are slightly rounded off.

Citrus County (Crystal River) 150,000 population
Positive Residents - 2,976
Hospitalizations - 309
Deaths -124
Positive Non-Residents - 2

Collier County (Naples) 385,000 population
Positive Residents - 13,284
Hospitalizations - 958
Deaths - 242
Positive Non-Residents - 148

Manatee County (Bradenton) 403,250 population
Positive Residents - 2,173
Hospitalizations - 846
Deaths - 316
Positive Non-Residents - 131

Marion County (Ocala) - 365,500 population
Positive Residents - 10,281
Hospitalizations - 1,026
Deaths - 334
Positive Non-Residents - 20

If you're considering Florida, click on the Cases By County tab at the bottom and select the county where you'll be staying in the upper right and you'll see the numbers. This is the site linked from the Florida government site.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...8ddedb9b25e429

HTH,

Ray
Old 10-15-2020, 08:36 PM   #7

Remember folks, in many places you can get grocery delivery from Walmart, Publix, Rouse, Kroger, Winn-Dixie and other supermarkets plus Target. If for some reason you can't get delivery you can probably get outdoor pickup.

I'm in the boonies east of Winter Haven, Fla., and I haven't been inside a supermarket or Walmart since mid-March. It helps that I have no desire to be inside them.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:06 PM   #8

We have reservations throughout the Thousand Trails system in Florida for Nov-Dec. (Have been camping in the NE since Sept.) Biking, swimming, pickleball, walking should all be ok. Shop with a mask on. No indoor dining. This=low risk.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:51 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I don’t know how many more winters I have left to enjoy in warm, sunny environs, but I’ll be damned if I’ll let the Chinese Flu take one away from me.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:04 PM   #10

I'm heading south on Sunday. I haven't wintered in the North since 2009.
I'm not going to start now.

If I can socially distance in my home, I can do the same in my RV.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post

If I can socially distance in my home, I can do the same in my RV.
Amen to that! We just retired this year and are going to head down to the Ft. Myers area next week to scope things out for about 3 weeks. We will decide if we want to try to go back for the colder months then. We are thinking about maybe reserving different places for a month at a time to see where we like best. Assuming there are places to reserve. We believe with the border closed, we might get lucky this year.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:27 PM   #12

We are heading to New Mexico in early November to spend time with our grandchildren until Thanksgiving and then to Florida for the winter. We are using Thousand Trails camping pass and the Trails Collection until January 16th then staying for 90 days (out of pocket) at Clerbrook Golf RV Park until April 16th. We then spend a week at Walt Disney World staying at Saratoga Springs Resort before heading back to western New York for springtime. Looking forward to our trip and Making Motorhome Memories on YouTube.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:52 PM   #13
NXR

The lack of Canadians seems to be having an effect. Sun RV is now offering "buy 5 nights and get 2 nights free" at a whole bunch of resorts including Florida and Arizona. This offer expires Oct. 30th.

https://www.sunrvresorts.com/resorts...ls/scary-deal/

Buy 5 Nights, Get 2 FREE in 2021
We’re slashing prices for the 2021 season with our Buy 5 Nights, Get 2 FREE special on RV and tent sites or vacation rentals. And with no blackout dates, this frightful deal won’t keep you in the dark!

With savings this scary, you won’t have to be afraid of not booking your favorite RV resort or campground next season. Take advantage of this hauntingly good deal before it disappears into the night….

Offer expires October 30.

*Valid on new RV/tent site and vacation rental reservations for the 2021 season at participating resorts only. The 7-night stay must be used consecutively, and may not exceed a total of 28 consecutive nights. The two lowest nightly rates within the week selected will be free. Cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions. Subject to availability. Offer expires October 30, 2020.

I have no affiliation with Sun RV other than having stayed with them a few times.

Ray

Tags
florida