Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Stewart View Post
Why hold back, why don't you just tell us how you feel about Cubans!
Jim three years ago when i stayed there i met some very nice cubans, but the ones that are working there and breaking park rules by fishing in the marina and leaving hooks with bait laying on the ground were the dogs have to poo.Try walking your dog at night see if you want to get run over by a golf cart doing 30 mph with no lights. park rule 5 mph and lights . NO one makes people follow the RULES
camper421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #30

Thats why it lost 100 snowbirds 3 years ago when they sent a letter to encore complaining of problems, that didnt get fixed.Now this year every one but you were going to differant park to see if they can find a new park, with security and RULEs that people will follow
Old 03-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
I guess I'll need to go there in the next couple of months and see for myself what is going on. I know the resort management as I bring them a very large rally when they are not busy. It is contract time so before I sign, a visit is in the plan.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #32
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Is there a spell check feature on this forum??????????????????? If not we sure need one!!
Old 03-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Hi GG1,
Your post takes me back to my old RV.NET days. If you Google "iespell" download and install the application. That will be your spell checker.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
As I stated in an earlier post, Sunshine Key in usually OK between October - April.

Any other time: You have been warned!!!

Thats my opinion & I'm sticking with it!!!

David Kanoy

2000 Winnebago 35U, Ford Triton V10, F53 Chassis. Toad: 2000 Honda Odyssey (349,000 Miles) Home Made Trac Bar, Firestone Ride Rites, 5 Star Performance Tune, Cheap Handling Fix, Magnum Auto-Start Generator kit
David Kanoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kanoy View Post
As I stated in an earlier post, Sunshine Key in usually OK between October - April.

Any other time: You have been warned!!!

Thats my opinion & I'm sticking with it!!!

David Kanoy

There was a weekend family from miami in the park last weekend. They syated in one of the park campers, and they trashed the camper. The microwave door was tore off, the oven door was bent and the inside was trashed. Spring break (there here),hope the new management can get a grip. And make the park a A1 park like it was 10 years ago.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:09 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Camper421 are you there now? If not then how do you know of this incident last weekend? I'm scheduled to get there the weekend of the 2nd so I'm extremely curious as to the situation.
Parkerrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:10 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
I find it strange that camper421 has only 6 posts and all are in this thread, and all are derogatory posts on this RV park.

Like others stated I've found mixed reviews on the park but more favorable than bad.

I'll be there from 4/3 till 4/9 and let everyone know how it was upon return. You really don't know until you try it.
Parkerrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
I can speak first hand for the sewer issues, we were there in Dec 09 and had sewer issues personally and saw several other in the week we were there. They had a trailer they pulled behind a golf cart that had alot of equipment tto deal with sewer issues. Made me wonder why they were so prepared for sewer isssues.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #39

Damon Owners Club
Parkerrs,
We are due in for a week on May 2, so please let me know what to expect.
I did some research, and Woodalls gives this place a good rating, but now
I'm getting a little nervous/confused !
Thanks,
Mac
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
You heard it here first. ELS is changing management at Sunshine Key RV Resort. The change will take place in the next 30-60 days.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerrs View Post
Camper421 are you there now? If not then how do you know of this incident last weekend? I'm scheduled to get there the weekend of the 2nd so I'm extremely curious as to the situation.
No im not there now,i just got phone calls from freinds telling me whats going on in the park. If your going to stay at sunshine key stay in section A you will be away from the loud music.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #42

I aready said the manager is leaving april 4th and the going away party was today. There is a temp. manager there now until they hire a full time replacement.