Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2022, 02:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
Anyone been tp Oureto Vallarta say in October? Looks like a lot of things to do for everyone. Will it still be to hot then?
I just had to Google Oureto Vallarta to see if that was a place I never heard of. No luck so I assume you meant Puerto Vallarta.
I do know something about PVR having flown there dozens of times delivering vacationers from most northern big cities then going back a week later with another load and bringing back the prior load. I always took a suitcase that included a bathing suit but unfortunately I never had a problem with the aircraft requiring me to stay overnight. I did get to talk with many of our pax and don't remember anyone saying they didn't have a great time regardless of the time of year. The weather at the airport was quite pleasant every time I was there.
If you're interested in a vacation in Mexico may I suggest you consider a beautiful place on the coast south of Oaxaca called Bahías de Huatulco. The government invested a lot of money in the airport and other infrastructure to make it an alternate vacation destination to Acapulco, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo and Puerto Vallarta.
IIRC, there are 5 small bays with beautiful sand beaches surrounded by forests. A river that is used for rafting feeds into one of the bahías. Again, I never got the opportunity to RON there but the airport and the view from above was very nice.
[emoji40][emoji382][emoji382]... [emoji382][emoji40][emoji106]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2022, 02:49 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Jackson Hole, WY

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...e_Wyoming.html

Grand Teton National Park
White water rafting on the Snake River
Guided fly fishing
Aerial Tram ride
Chuckwagon dinner
Horseback rides
Gunfight (simulated) in the town square
Alpine slide
Mountain biking
Less than 2 hours to Yellowstone National Park
Old 01-19-2022, 04:28 AM   #17

The Outer Banks of NC. It's one of the few places with enough huge vacation homes that can handle your 13 head count. Get one with a pool.
Norfolk VA is the closest airport. Rent some vans to haul people and luggage.
We are at 14 head and 4 generations now from 4 to 91 yoa and it has been our annual meeting place since 1982.
Old 01-19-2022, 04:47 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Boston, NYC, Pa. Lots of sites to see. Paul Revere , Statue of Liberty, 911 Tribute, Places that mean a lot to Americans, an the little ones would remember this trip for rest of their lives.
Old 01-19-2022, 05:13 AM   #19

Lake George area , NY

Lots of resort type Rv parks in the area, outdoor stuff to do plus downtown Lake George has up scale shopping.

Lake George Rv Park gets great reviews, I'm sure they have cabins

Mike
Old 01-19-2022, 11:47 AM   #20

We have had some massive family trips on cruise ships. Sometimes 20+ people. I mention this because they will generally have something on board for all ages. But not much fishing I'm afraid, unless you are at a place that has fishing excursions (Alaska?). Should be easy to find a 5 day cruise.

Having said that, the CDC warns against cruises. You will have to evaluate your concerns about covid while cruising. A lot of people are taking them right now, and a lot are not. All of the cruise lines have covid policies you should review before booking.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 12:02 PM   #21

Let us know what part of the country you re in for "land-based" suggestions.

We have done several cruises with extended family. We ALWAYS got together for dinner. Other times of day, we would discusses what everyone wanted to do the next day/next port of call. Sometimes they overlapped, other times they didn't.

Rarely got together for lunch. Would text others when we were half an hour from going to breakfast. Often we would have a group together for that as well.

The secret, other than dinner together, is let everyone do what they want, but there will likely be a surprising amount of overlap.

Our favorite "big group" (with 17 on one trip including family members, fellow sailors from Japan who we had spent time with in the Bahamas on our sailboats, etc) destination is Alaska, one way 7 day.

Another excellent option is to rent a large house in a pretty destination. In summer (or winter if you like skiing) Angel Fire NM is a fine choice. Lots of beautiful, large homes set up exactly for family get togethers. In this ski resort, obviously, winter/ski season is high season.

Did a quick search in Angelfire for 4+ bedroom and 12+ guests:

https://www.resortpropertiesofangelf...ds=4&plus_bed=
Old 01-22-2022, 12:44 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
If you're interested in a vacation in Mexico may I suggest you consider a beautiful place on the coast south of Oaxaca called Bahías de Huatulco.
Here's a good link to the attractions of Bahías de Huatulco.
https://planneratheart.com/huatulco-...dk1ROWEzVEs2Mw..
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 08:27 AM   #23
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
Not RV related, but you all have been many places and possibly can help. Wife is turning 80 and one grandchild graduates from high school one from college. Age ranges from 17 to 80. Want to take everyone one last get together. We are all active and don't want to lay on the beach and read. Just not us. We all play pickleball, hike, fish, shop (ladies)? Just starting to plan the vacation. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. We did a cruise once but didn't get to spend that much time together. 4-5 day vacation.
Thanks in advance for any recommendations all.

safe travels
We stayed at Sunshine Keys on Ohio Key for Thanksgiving in our 5th wheel. But Sunshine Keys has a bunch of rental trailers there. You would be 39 miles north of Key West. But plenty of things to do there in Key West.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 08:47 AM   #24

I am suprised no one has mentioned Branson MO. Its a great place for families of any size. From Silvar Dollar City (best family amusement park in country) to the family type shows much to do for families.

Branson is pretty much open from April to Dec.with its many hotels, RV parks etc there would be no problem with places to stay. Branson also has many championship golf courses. Branson also has its own airport as you said you would be flying the family in.

If you have not been I think it would be worth checking out.
be-happy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat