Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

The Great Outdoors... Titusville, Fla

We're in the middle of a week here at TGO for Monday's Shuttle launch. I just wanted to add to all the positive comments on this resort. They're currently running a rental special where you pay for two nights and get the third free. Actually being an owner here doesn't fit our travel style but I sure like renting!

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
We're in the middle of a week here at TGO for Monday's Shuttle launch. I just wanted to add to all the positive comments on this resort. They're currently running a rental special where you pay for two nights and get the third free. Actually being an owner here doesn't fit our travel style but I sure like renting!
Have you tried the dog park? They have an unofficial 3-4 PM small dog and 4-5 PM large dog get together every day. Nice friendly folks.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #3

We owned at TGO many years ago after renting there many times previously. Owning is MUCH different and I don't recommend it to anyone without pretty deep pockets. The politics of the place were just terrible (maybe it's better now) and there were assessments over and above the monthly ever increasing maintenance fees that resulted in unexpected costs. If the BOD's says you owe an extra $500 you have no choice but to pay or have a lien placed against your property.
At one point the homeowners were going to buy the golf course and assess each lot $5000. If you couldn't afford it they suggest that you should sell and move. Luckily that never happened but I don't know the status of the golf course at this time so I am not sure it couldn't happen again. It used to be a nice small park with only RV lots, RV ports, some very small manufactured homes and small RV homes (under 1200 SQ) with attached RV garage. Now, there are $500,000+ homes and about 11 different homeowners associations that have to fight each other over rules and regulations, upkeep and infrastructure.
I guess I really am not saying don't buy here (it's a beautiful place) I am just saying that before you make such a leap you need to get much more informed about what you are getting into before you take the sale pitch as gospel.
We loved visiting the area in the Winter when we lived in VA but we were completely unaware of what TGO (and FL in general) was like the rest of the year. Bugs, heat, humidity, the average age of a FL resident (God's waiting room) and bugs. I have to say that I do miss the shuttle launches, however, but they will be ending here real soon as well.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Didn't take us long to find "Doggie World" and the regular pm gatherings. It's great.

Hey Bill, I'm with you on the ownership thing. I guess I'm not surprised about the politics AND the deep pockets required. We rode bikes through the new development of huge homes this am and even saw one with TWO enclosed coach garages in addition to the two car garage.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
We were at TGO in January earlier this year as renters. There are many opportunities to rent via TGO or privately both.

The golf course is so-so and rather boring and expensive for the experienced golfer, however very handy. Unless you have a resident friend to secure tee times you may want to consider off site courses. There are several leagues that occupy prime time slots in the AM's. The pro shop staff was less than freindly during our check in times.

We loved our rental site and will probably return next year. For us, it was a very friendly place and a great place to bicycle. Much less hectic than the west cost areas. We'll just golf off site.

Check the online monthly newsletter for private rentals.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote