Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #1

The You Need A RV Destinations

What kind of destinations am I looking for that make you grateful for your class A?
I now live full-time in my class A and realized that most RV parks look the same to me. What are some of the 'bucket list' places I should be looking for to enjoy with my family in my RV?

So far I have found:

1. BLM - I want to go boondocking in some lonely westward empty lands.
2. Quartzsite RV gathering
3. A beach somewhere
4. At a race track with views of the track
5. Liberty Harbor RV Park right outside of NYC, NY
6. Burning Man?

What other RV only experiences are out there? I want to start dreaming of where I am going on vacations! Are their still trains where you can put your rv on a flatcar and ride in the RV?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #2

For a beach somewhere , Daytona where you can drive your MH right out onto the beach and while you're there take in a race at Daytona Speedway and park in the infield ( make your reservation now for possibly 2020 ) If not there Michigan International Speedway in Brookln Mich
Old 08-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Go to a Division 1 football game. Last year we went to Ohio State vs. Wisconsin at Ohio State. This year we are going to Marshall vs. Purdue at Purdue. RV parking and partying is a blast. Also go to a NFL game and stay in the RV lot. Also a party. Balloon Fest in Albuquerque, New Mexico is also a great event. Enjoy!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #4

djbmsu - Is there camping beachfront at Daytona? If so, can you tell me the name of the park? thanks.
danandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Burning Man is like nothing in this world.

Try to arrive at night. The view will blow you away.

'Welcome home'
Old 12-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropframe View Post
What kind of destinations am I looking for that make you grateful for your class A?
I now live full-time in my class A and realized that most RV parks look the same to me. What are some of the 'bucket list' places I should be looking for to enjoy with my family in my RV?

So far I have found:

1. BLM - I want to go boondocking in some lonely westward empty lands.
2. Quartzsite RV gathering
3. A beach somewhere
4. At a race track with views of the track
5. Liberty Harbor RV Park right outside of NYC, NY
6. Burning Man?

What other RV only experiences are out there? I want to start dreaming of where I am going on vacations! Are their still trains where you can put your rv on a flatcar and ride in the RV?
Hey buddy, we're taking the Outlaw to the 2013 Burning Man....interested in hooking up if it's on your list?
Old 12-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We just spent Thanksgiving at Avila Beach near San Luis Obisbo, CA

The spots above the beach have no hook ups but you have a fab view of the ocean.

Hooks up next to beach but right next to noisy roadway.

Live clams and crabs on the pier, nice people too.

We will be back.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post
Hey buddy, we're taking the Outlaw to the 2013 Burning Man....interested in hooking up if it's on your list?
I wish! My funds are hurting after getting my car in working order. I think we may take on a section of the T-CAT in the Land Cruiser this year. The wife has been saying that now that we full-time its like we never go camping anymore

But - who knows what the future holds? I think we should make an Outlaw rally someplace - I feel left out since Thor only has a diesel club - I would love to hang out with the cool people from our thread.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropframe View Post
I wish! My funds are hurting after getting my car in working order. I think we may take on a section of the T-CAT in the Land Cruiser this year. The wife has been saying that now that we full-time its like we never go camping anymore

But - who knows what the future holds? I think we should make an Outlaw rally someplace - I feel left out since Thor only has a diesel club - I would love to hang out with the cool people from our thread.
Sorry to hear no BM! The rally idea has merit. Did you bounce it off the thread and gotten feedback?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #10

Many destinations come to mind but here are two outstanding places based on your ideas.
First, Jacumba County Park (Santa Barbara County, CA - get reservations in nice weather). Beautiful views of the Pacific from the upper terrace of the campground. Water/elec available at least at some of the sites. Great hamburgers in the store! About 17 miles in from CA SR 1 on a narrow, winding road but slowly very doable. Also a great day trip from Flying Flags in Buellton, CA.
Try Navajo Nat'l Monument, AZ. On our paved way in off US160, we happened on a Navajo cowboy on his paint horse with his wife in her velvateen skirt standing on the road edge. It was one of those memories which last a lifetime. The main campground is pretty cramped and unlevel but it did have water and/or electric. We drove around until we found the overflow dry camp. It was absolutely beautiful with defined campsites. Ours was atop our own sandstone mesa which backed up to miles and miles of pinon pine mesas. We took a ranger guided walk to one of the ruins. Wonderful place.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #11

Sorry , the destination I meant to recommend is JALAMA County Park on the beach in Santa Barbara County. Jacumba is close to the Mexican border in San Diego County. Definetly no beach there!
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #12

I thought of 2 more great RV destinations:

1. The driveway of your friends - its great. You can spend a few days, but still have your own place to sleep.

2. At work: When you work a lot of extra hours you put your commute at 0 hours. You can also spend a few extra hours at home, and eat meals with the family.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #13

Rather than be too concerned with the exotic, my particular joy is to find a spot as far from the madding crowd as possible and enjoy whatever there is there to enjoy - and then move on to another experience. Sure, it is nice to camp among Saharan sand dunes, or Alaskan lakes or Icelandic Glaciers or Norwegian Fiords or Patagonian Peaks,, but that can't happen day after day after day and the trick is to not allow those special experiences to make one immune to the everyday wonders to be found just about anywhere you bother to look.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #14

Colter Bay RV park in the Grand Tettons National Park. In June. Weather is cool, Wildlife is active and mosquitos have not arrived yet.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote