Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy cat View Post
I agree. But no Pitt bulls. Stereotype or not with some that are nice, I don't want to be around them and take that chance. Saw a bad bite the other night from this guy's "pet " Pitt bull
My point was no one wants to be in a place with aggressive dogs (like the one you saw that bit) but singling out specific breeds is wrong and not necessary.
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
If you're interested in being pet friendly think about changing the no aggressive "breeds" of dogs to no aggressive dogs.
Agree
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #45

If you can buy it for cash, no mortgage payments it would be no problem. If you have to make payments, put lots of research into it before you go for it. Just my thoughts on all the new places that open that stay open, payments can make or break you fast. Good luck what ever you do.
rebel
rebelcarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
I used to be half owner in a 55 lot house trailer park it was good for a while, a campground might be good if you had some permanent spots to supplement for slow times.

Good luck,

James
Jimooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #47

That part of NJ has a lot of competition. You should drive through those parks and see what your competition would be and how much they charge. Drive through on a week day to see what their vacancy rate is. Most campgrounds in NJ do not have 50 amp service. If you want to attract the big rigs then you might have to add that. Everything costs more in NJ. Particulary in the construction trades. Retail experience is good but you might want to take some classes at the Junior College about the hospitality Industry. I wish you luck and hope you follow a well thought out dream.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:38 AM   #48

The place that I have in mind is located about 30 minutes norrh of Harrisburg Pa and 30 minutes south of Selinsgrove Pa. It's located right of routes 11 and 15. There is no one there to show any me any books since the place has been closed for as long as I can remember. I think this place would work well for a place to park for a day or 2 and just relax. I will know this afternoon more if what the inside of the grounds look like and whats there. I will post pictures as well as a description of where the photos were taken.
Brian313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Brian , you may want to first get appraisal as to current value also hire someone to evaluate the infrastructure /electrical / sewer broken or plugged sewer lines/water lines all underground utility's .

Be sure all electrical and sewer code's are current and finally evaluate the roads and pads , that can be very costly to repair .

Good luck,

James
Jimooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #50

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
IMHO..What a great dream that I would hope comes to a reality. Location, Location as you know means everything to start with. Then alll the research you can do, not just here of course but talk to other owners of some smaller parks.

If it comes to be...Amenities such as pool or water close by, 50amp is a must as well as wider spaces fo the new triple and quad slides. Close to local attractions and clean.

As was said it is like the dream that upon retirement you open a small cafe or pub or....a great R V Park.

Good Luck and keep the dream alive..I personally Love It..
If youbuild it they will come
Rusty1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #51

the place i was looking at did not pan out like i had hoped. It needed why to much work for what they were asking. However here is what i have in mind when i do get a chance to buy one.
1. Large sites with nice level concert pads
2. 20, 30 and 50 amp service
3. every site (not counting tent sites) full hook ups
4. a fire ring at every site with charcoal girll
5. wide roads with tree trimming thats far enough back as not to scrape paint, roofs etc
6. good water pressure
7. safe and friendly family cg
8. nice size pool, store/office, and new clean bath houses
9. No extra charge for lager families, pets, or over night guests
10. Pull through sites that you can easily get in and out of
11. a easy to use website with lots of pictures of the grounds

This list could go on for a long time. What is everyone else top 10 things that make you want to go to that cg? I will someday own a cg just wont be a unthoughtful purchase. How does that old saying "good things to those who wait" lets just hope that holds true for this also.

Thank you everyone that has posted both good and bad i know that this will be a big purchase and will take a lot of work and time. Im not afraid to get dirty and I dont mind working for what I want.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Move your MH to the park and live there for several months. You will find out what is wrong with the parks facilities and perhaps learn why it is for sale. Bottom line to buying an ongoing business is simple...if it can't make money, don't buy it. Living there and seeing the daily operation will expose a lot. Ask to see the books and ask lots of questions. If the owner is not willing or devious in answering ....RUN AWAY. Many businesses in trouble will skim cash sales and not pay the taxes. Check with the county and see if all taxes have been paid in a timely manner.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Note to self....read at least the last post....before posting...bang head!!!
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #54

Just a thought , if you like that site , close to home etc , make a really really low offer .
Low enough to cover all upgrades and start up costs .
In short , offer what you would consider a real bargain , a number that would attract a quick buyer if you had to resell .
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #55

Is it in the Duncannon area? That would be a good spot for a 'night' stop for us if we were headed across the state (we live in Jersey, but I'm from Newport/Perry - pretty familiar with the area.)

I agree with the above poster - make a ridiculously low offer and see what happens, if you can get the startup going.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #56

It is about 15 minutes north of there. I tried the low ball offer and was told that they believe its worth a lot than that. So no go there and the search continues.