Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thousand Trails Zone Membership Questions

Looking at the Thousand Trails Zone Membership for the Southwestern zone. Have read through various threads here and elsewhere. Understand the number of days to stay restrictions, etc.
  • Are their any 'got cha's' that I need to be aware of?
  • First year is $565 - same for successive years or expect something else?
Thanks!!
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The quality and condition of the camp ground. Was better 5 years ago. Some need big improvements. Also since ELS bought T-Trails and has opened the campgrounds to the public, there are concerns to many about the increase in theft. Just my observations as a T-T member.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Read the fine print. How many days in, how many days out b-4 going back into a camp ground? Shop around for the best pricing, try online, membership resales and craigslist. We have Zone pass for all zones. In Florida they have 3 camp grounds and 1 is nice, 2nd fair and the 3rd we wouldn't even consider staying at. We are terminating our passes this December as it hasn't been worth it to us. We find using Passport America almost as cheap without the financial commitment. also use Coast to coast and Resort Parks international with more success. Just another day in PARADISE.. ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Try the zone pass for the season then if you like the parks look for an older tt membership. There are many older memberships for sale. The bottom line with older memberships is the more you use them the more practicable they are. For example we have been members since 2000 we can go in for 2 weeks and must be out of the system for 1 week then we can go back in for 2. We can do this all year round in any of the campgrounds for only the yearly dues. This works for us, there are other memberships that allow you be in for 3 weeks then move directly to another tt park continually. We know some couples who live full time within the tt system they follow the good weather throughout the country. I don't think they offer these memberships anymore but they are out there for sale and very reasonable. There is a one time transfer fee but its worth it if you use it throughout the year. If you are a weekend rv'er it may not be worth it. Also the tt parks are not on the same scale as the more expensive resorts like Outdoor Resorts or similar but usually they are clean and secure well maintained. We are satisfied with our membership we head south for the winter and use the tt parks on and off for the winter months go away for 2-4 weeks during the summer and again 2 weeks in the fall while on our way to New England. Good luck
Old 10-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good info - thanks all!
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #6

I see your on the fence about the Zone Pass so let me give you my impressions since we are both in the greater So Calif area. For the wife and I, our Zone Pass has allowed us to go places where we might not have gone at all. The Southwestern Zone, in my opinion, is probably one of the better complete packages for CG's there is.

I made this observation on another thread currently running regarding TT, most of the Reserves are NOT Resorts but they are nice enough campgrounds with extra's that enhance your RV'ing experience. With that being said, let me tell you the Reserves I have found to my liking so far:
Rancho-Oso in Santa Barbara area
Ponderosa on the America River
Yosemite Lakes just outside of Yosemite Nat'l Park
Wilderness Lakes
Tahoe Valley(this was included in my Zone Pass and was one of the reasons I decided to purchase)

I will say that I have only been to one Reserve that I thought was not worthy of a return visit(Soledad in Acton) although I will reserve judgment until after they make improvements which are taking place Now. Just for info, there is a Facebook page for Thousand Trails that is operated by members not the Corporation.....check it out for the Good and the Bad about Reserves in general.