Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2015, 01:18 PM   #15

[/QUOTE]Been their twice, and I think you are a little out there. Yes it is still a living town, and the people who work there live there, that's what makes it nice. They have pretty much left it as it was in the day, and Boot Hill is a real Cemetery. They do have some charges to see things because like you said it is not a movie set it is a living town. If they didn't make a little money it could very well be it would turn into a Ghost Town. Did you know that some people who live there, if they come into town wearing Cowboy attire, riding their own horses ect., their only pay is free drinks/food from some of the establishments. Any fees they charge are well worth the visit.
----------------------------------

I agree completely. I have been there twice and love the town and the atmosphere you find there.
Sure there are charges but nothing we felt that was extremely high.
Would go back for a third time if I get the chance.
DannyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2015, 10:33 AM   #16

Not sure how a family could afford to visit the sights since every venue has a charge. In my personal opinion is was way overhyped. We loved Boot Hill which was free and only asked for donations which we happily provided. Each to his own but to us Tombstone was just a big tourist trap.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:53 AM   #17

We went to the courhouse museum and the OK Corral. Strolled the town and saw some "gunfights". Spent about 20 bucks all day. Worth it. Will do again!

RVM1
AKA: Captain Forehead
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:01 PM   #18

We stayed at the Wells fargo pk a couple years ago, is great u can walk everywhere as it is in town. Not exactly a resort park but can't beat the location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
Take time to visit the HollyWood of the Desert, Old Tucson Movie Studios. Film History | Old Tucson
ALSO visit the Saguaro National Park and Visitors Center.
Saguaro National Park
There is a RV Park in Tombstone. It takes 3 or more days to see and experience everything in Tombstone without exhaustion as the streets roll up early. Wells Fargo RV Park. Tombstone Arizona Across the street from the RV park is an American Legion Post. Great place to get away from the tourist prices for food and drink.
pfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:19 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Also recommend Karchner Caverns, a marvelous experience.

Stop enroute in W TX at Balmorrhea State Park. Nice sites. Largest spring fed swim pool in the World, I think. Kids can also observe a colony of bats take off around sunset.
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:37 PM   #20

Wilcox, az. has the Rex Allen museum, about 90 miles east of Tucson, Az.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:44 PM   #21

Stayed at this park in Benson, AZ. Nice park and they have a free show every night in their own observatory. I think the kids would get a kick out of it. Not too far from Tombstone.

Butterfield RV Resort & Observatory, Benson, AZ
Old 02-24-2015, 06:19 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Stayed at this park in Benson, AZ. Nice park and they have a free show every night in their own observatory. I think the kids would get a kick out of it. Not too far from Tombstone.

Butterfield RV Resort & Observatory, Benson, AZ
We are scheduled to stay here for 5 nights in September. The DW has a niece that lives in Benson. The DW had no intentions about seeing Tombstone until the show "Ghost Adventures" did a story about the "Birdcage Saloon".
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:35 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There is also a museum at Fort Huachuca, in Sierra Vista. Ft. Huachuca was a Buffalo Solder post. It has been probably 30 years since I have been in the museum, so not too sure how big it is. There is also a historical cemetery that is still in use. Ft. Huachuca is not the home of Military Intelligence, so there my be some additional things to see. It is about 20 miles from Tombstone.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:11 PM   #24

From Benson you can easily drive to Tombstone and also take in nearby Bisbee which is a very unique town built on a hillside. The mine tour is great in Bisbee. It's given by former miners. You don a yellow slicker, a yellow hard hat with a mining light and board the mine car which takes you on the tour - no walking. It's fun!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
From Benson you can easily drive to Tombstone and also take in nearby Bisbee which is a very unique town built on a hillside. The mine tour is great in Bisbee. It's given by former miners. You don a yellow slicker, a yellow hard hat with a mining light and board the mine car which takes you on the tour - no walking. It's fun!
We also took a keep tour of the town which was incredibly entertaining. Bisby sure has a very unique past
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:54 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

We stayed at Butterfield Park Last year for 3 days and is a really great place except if you are a lite sleeper like I am the train tracks close by will brother you some what,other than that it is convenient to just about anything you need.Good Luck and safe travels.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:21 AM   #27

Unless the train is right there they will not bother us. We hear them all the time in our S&B and find the sound soothing.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:52 AM   #28

Triangle T Guest Ranch

Triangle T Ranch is a nice little RV park very close to I-10 , various old hollywood actors have stayed there over the years. Filmed 3:10 to Yuma there. Nice owners/park, reasonable prices...plenty to explore on their property, nice horse rides for the family if you ride. Exit 318 We stayed there and enjoyed ourselves
dewolf is offline   Reply With Quote