Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2019, 07:28 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Travel from Jackson Hole WY to Redwoods, Crater Lake, RT-101 to Seattle WA

We are traveling with our granddaughter (16) in the summer of 2020 and looking for Ideas along the way . We have 24 days from Jackson Hole to Seattle to fill in and would appreciate info along this route. We have a 40 ft MH towing a Jeep. Looking for must see must do and campground recommendations.

Safe Travels and THE JOY IS IN THE RIDE
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2019, 08:25 AM   #2

You've got to hit Cannon Beach on your trip. Cannon Beach RV Resort is walking distance to town and the beach. There is a shop downtown that makes taffy, your granddaughter might like that, and some great restaurants. The beach is also big and beautiful. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190921_064642.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	261799Click image for larger version

Name:	20190921_144818.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	261800Click image for larger version

Name:	20190920_175419.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	261801
Old 09-29-2019, 09:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV735 View Post
We are traveling with our granddaughter (16) in the summer of 2020 and looking for Ideas along the way .

We have 24 days from Jackson Hole to Seattle to fill in and would appreciate info along this route.

We have a 40 ft MH towing a Jeep.

Looking for must see must do and campground recommendations.

Safe Travels and THE JOY IS IN THE RIDE
First thing I'd suggest is to tell her to Bring a Friend. JMHO, as I've got 6 Granddaughter's and they do not like to be Alone without friends for more than a day or two. (Just a Guess as we seldom Have just One)

Out of Jackson I'd look at Flaming Gorge and Dino NM - then RT 40 to Park City - Lots to do for kids there - as with most ski resorts - SLC - Then up into Idaho - https://rvshare.com/blog/rv-trips/idaho/ - you pick - Kids love the water - Might even ask for input for Granddaughter - present options let her help in the decisions...?

Then maybe along the river and back toward Seattle.

Sure you will get lot's of specific help,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
First thing I'd suggest is to tell her to Bring a Friend. JMHO, as I've got 6 Granddaughter's and they do not like to be Alone without friends for more than a day or two. (Just a Guess as we seldom Have just One)

Out of Jackson I'd look at Flaming Gorge and Dino NM - then RT 40 to Park City - Lots to do for kids there - as with most ski resorts - SLC - Then up into Idaho - https://rvshare.com/blog/rv-trips/idaho/ - you pick - Kids love the water - Might even ask for input for Granddaughter - present options let her help in the decisions...?

Then maybe along the river and back toward Seattle.

Sure you will get lot's of specific help,
Park City is a great suggestion. Kids, and adults, love the Alpine Slide.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post

First thing I'd suggest is to tell her to Bring a Friend.

Might even ask for input for Granddaughter - present options let her help in the decisions...?
These are two GREAT suggestions. A lot has to do with her interests other than boys at that age!

You mentioned Jackson. I hope you're visiting Yellowstone and Grand Teton Nat'l parks. In the Tetons take a gentle raft trip down the Snake River in the park. You just might see a moose in the water with you. We did! There's also a horse tour where the cowboys have breakfast waiting for you in a pretty spot. Always fun and laughs. Teton Nat'l Park has some very nice, reasonably short, hikes to lovely little lakes.

Each national park has a great website listing things to do, road information, camping and special alerts. Check them out.

Lewiston Idaho - take a boat ride in Hell's Canyon. Hell's Gate State Park is a great place to stay .... and it's shaded. It can get hot there in summer.

Stanley, Idaho - the Sawtooth Mountains are gorgeous
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:02 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Craters of the Moon National Monument, ID
Idaho Falls, ID - beautiful city park along the Snake River with really fun public art/benches and Japanese Gardens in the river.
Butte, MT - tour a copper mine, visit Grant-Kohrs National Historic Park, Deer Lodge Old Montana Prison.
Missoula, MT - Smokejumper Visitor Center
Glacier National Park
Standpoint, ID
Grand Coulee Dam
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:45 PM   #7

Along the Oregon coast is a great drive if you're going to Crater Lake. Tillamook and the cheese factory is a favorite for my visitors. Also in Oregon is the Evergreen Museum of Flight, they have a 747 on top of one of their buildings, an IMAX theatre, the Spruce Goose (Howard Hughes wooden wonder) and there's a nice RV park next door with a walking path to the museum.

When in the Seattle area be sure to take a ferry ride, just walk on rather than taking your Jeep. I'd suggest Seattle to Bremerton, have lunch in Bremerton and then take the ferry home. There is a choice of ferries, I like the big WA State Ferries but you can also take the smaller fast foot ferry. (same route, just different speeds) A trip to Blake Island and their Indian Salmon Bake is fun. Tour the Boeing factory, see the largest building in the world at the Everett Factory. Tour the original Boeing Red Barn airplane museum. Chihuly Museum of Glass in Tacoma, LeMay car museum in Tacoma. Depending on when in the summer you're here, the Puyallup Fair (WA State Fair) is one of the 10 largest fairs in America. Ride the Ferry thru the San Juan Islands. Drive the Olympic Peninsula and see the Hoh Rain Forest.
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, travel