RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2019, 12:23 PM   #15

please ignore my comments about parking at comfort inn in post #14. i was mixing up comfort inn and days inn. they are across the street from each other. i was just out and drove by comfort inn. absolutely call them about parking!!!! i would not take a motor home towing a car into that parking lot!!!! there is a covered entrance way that goes across the pavement at the front door. that covered entrance way is marked 12'4". if you cannot get through that entrance area there is no place to turn around in the parking lot. the comment i made about an unpaved lot is to the north east corner of days inn.
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2019, 12:23 PM   #16

Thanks bigchick I'll call them today. Our coach is exactly 12' 4" high so that's too close for comfort.
Just talked with the front desk at Comfort Inn. She said "our parking lot is quite small and the Quality Inn has a bigger lot:!!
Talked to Days Inn. They have parking for big rigs north of hotel. Perfect!
Stan
Old 01-27-2019, 07:15 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
When it's time to eat in Payson you've got to stop at Beeline Cafe for some great home cooking, just up the street from Motel 6.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:43 AM   #18

The Beeline Cafe it is then.

Stan
Old 02-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #19

A huge thank you to all who offered helpful info on the trip.
We left ALB very early and when we got to Payson, the day was still young and so were we, so we pressed on to Apache.
The sky was clear, the roads were bare and dry. The winds were light as was the traffic. The scenery was fantastic.
Once again. Thank you. Especially bigchick. Your info and encouragement made the difference.

Stan
Switchflicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:41 AM   #20

Thanks for returning to let us know how your drive went. Wish more folks would do that!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:47 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnieView View Post
When it's time to eat in Payson you've got to stop at Beeline Cafe for some great home cooking, just up the street from Motel 6.

I know OP has already cleared Payson, but I would add Mackey's Cafe. They have great fried cheese curds and Texas toothpicks. they also seem well known for pies, but havn't tried those. May try Beeline next time, although almost always going to Payson specifically for those curds and toothpicks.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:41 AM   #22

i'm just glad the trip went well and you got to your destination without incident. i've read too many posts about trips that had problems. this is not what we bought the rv's for! enjoy arizona! it's not all desert!
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:03 AM   #23

+1!
Old 02-14-2019, 02:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
I know OP has already cleared Payson, but I would add Mackey's Cafe. They have great fried cheese curds and Texas toothpicks. they also seem well known for pies, but havn't tried those. May try Beeline next time, although almost always going to Payson specifically for those curds and toothpicks.
Check out Crosswinds Restaurant at the Payson airport. Good stuff!!
And you can watch the planes takeoff or land as you eat. We have a second home in Payson, so we often go to the airport for breakfast.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:21 PM   #25

I have to confess...never heard of fried cheese curd and Texas Toothpick. Looked them up on the internet. I think that I am going to have to “get me some of that” when we are in the area. Psssst...don’t tell my cardiologist.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:46 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
I have to confess...never heard of fried cheese curd and Texas Toothpick. Looked them up on the internet. I think that I am going to have to “get me some of that” when we are in the area. Psssst...don’t tell my cardiologist.

Yup. They are that good. Curds come from Wisconsin and Macky's is the only place I have seen them west of the Mississippi. Toothpicks I suppose must come from Texas, but the only other place I have seen them before Macky's was a BBQ joint in IL.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel